or Connect

Posts by 2oh1

That page hints at answers to my questions but doesn't provide actual answers.  The "Display View" part, in particular, looks interesting.  I assume that's a menu setting...?   EDIT:  it looks like Apple may have addressed this a bit during the part of the keynote when the stream crashed for me.  I found some info about app scaling here.
What the heck does THAT mean?  The 5.5 can't actually be used?  I really wish people wouldn't troll.  Not that it matters, but, I'm a guy with large hands and long fingers, so the size isn't a problem for me.  And the page you linked to answers none of the questions I asked.  I'm not asking about screen size or device size, but rather, the size of elements displayed on the new models in comparison to the size of those same elements as seen on an iPhone 5.
I'm hoping you can help me figure this out.  I'm using an iPhone 5 and am planning on upgrading to an iPhone 6.  I'm trying to choose between the two new models.   As we now know, the new screen sizes are 1,334-by-750 at 326ppi for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, and 1,920-by-1080 pixels for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus.   Help me understand those screen sizes and resolutions in terms of how large text and UI elements will look on the new models, compared to my iPhone 5.  I'm not...
Now, the live stream is showing bars again.
Damn.  The stream isn't working.
I hate that they're abandoning Aperture before launching its replacement.  I guess I'm going to switch to Lightroom 5, but I started testing it this week in anticipation of this, and it just feels so clumsy and clunky by comparison.
I absolutely LOVE my Philips Hue bulbs. It's true that the current iOS app isn't great, but I never use it anymore. Hue has an open API, so I whipped up a bit of code to control mine using my Mac. With Applescript, an Apple remote and the free BetterTouchTool OSX app, I now have a physical remote for my lights. I've been using it this way for over a year, and it works flawlessly. Better still: it's easy to teach a universal remote the Apple remote functions, which...
I look forward to seeing how this plays out.  I own Philips Hue bulbs and I can't say enough good things about them.  I have my lights set up to automatically turn on if I come home after sunset.  The bulbs use a geofence, so they turn on a few minutes before I get to my front door.  I've also programmed some light settings into keyboard hotkeys on my Mac and into my universal remote.  It's such a marvelous system.  The Hue iPhone and iPad apps are neat, but I haven't used...
 This is true, but it's a good thing.  It means more money for Apple, which means more money in R&D, which means better stuff for us all in years to come.
I haven't tried a Bloom, but I did buy and return a Lightstrip.  The Lightstrip was awesome, but it didn't suit my particular needs, sadly.  That being said, I am a huge fan of Hue.  Yeah, it's pricey, but it's also pretty amazing how big of a difference those bulbs can make.  Lighting is one of the easiest ways to make a big home improvement, and once you've used these, it's hard to go back to standard light bulbs.  It's so easy to add a bit - or a lot - of warmth to your...