or Connect

Posts by 2oh1

What I don't get about the new AppleTV is... why doesn't it run apps? I'm talking about apps more along the lines of PLEX plugins rather than stuff like facebook or games. With apps, channels like Comedy Central could create their own subscription model. Say, a dollar a month to run the Comedy Central app with full streaming live or streamed shows. I'd ditch Comcast in a heartbeat if I could get ESPN, MSNBC and Comedy Central (for The Daily Show and Colbert).
I really hope AirPlay will let me stream music from my iPhone 4 to my airport express.
I really don't understand why Apple doesn't follow its own UI in what is probably its most important piece of software. That's just bizarre.
WHAT!?!?!??!?!?? It doesn't SLICE? [raising fist in phony cliche outrage]
I wish it were also a router so I could buy it instead of an Airport Express. Still, at $99, this has me seriously thinking about dumping cable and getting a netflix account. How many movies a month could I watch via this box for an $8.99 a month Netflix plan? How good are the movies Netflix has available for streaming? The free movies that Comcast has on demand usually suck. They have hundreds available, but it's hard to find one worth watching.
I actually DON'T see Ping as a facebook competitor. I see it as Apple trying to sell more music by making music easier for people who aren't music geeks to find (I am a music geek and proudly so). I also see Ping as Apple trying to get more people to use iTunes and the iTunes store via word of mouth. It could turn into brilliant marketing, really. The more Apple can connect people to iTunes and the iTunes store, the greater the odds people will buy music that way. ...
I'd love to have AM and FM radio on my iPhone. HD radio too. Why not? But to legally REQUIRE it? That's a joke. The NAB should be embarrassed.
I wouldn't blame Apple for not going with Verizon yet. There's so much involved here that we couldn't possibly know about. Don't get me wrong... I love my iPhone and want to see Apple sell as many of them as possible. More iPhones = more money for iPhone developers. That = even better apps for us.
This is interesting... but the flip-side is that the iPhone 4 is still sold out at 50% of Apple stores.
These numbers are quite misleading. Apple makes two versions of one phone. How many Android phones are there?