or Connect

Posts by whatisgoingon

Which car manufacturer does backwards retrofits?  They all want you to BUY A NEW CAR.  Even if you just drove it off the lot, they will be happy to buy it back from you and sell you a new one with the feature you want.  Course, you'll have to pay depreciation on the used car...
OMG that makes the maps here in Canada seem excellent, when they use 'satellite' images only 5+ years out of date and they are terminally behind in actually mapping roads. Apple seems to be spending all their effort doing 3d flyover maps for tourist-destination cities. Google is still kicking their a$$ in real-world map details that is useful every day, and not just 1 week a year.  Or to make a cool demo video.
This 'analysis' is not about Apple.  It's just about this analyst tried to promote himself.   Unfortunately, the only thing his analysis shows is that he is capable of dividing $1Trillion by the number of public shares and rounding to 5.
This totally sounds like a "omg, the Apple Watch was just released...we need to update our software for it NOW" Yahoo. How fact behind the curve can we go before we go out of business?
Something new with iOS 8.3, you are asked on your ios device if you want to automatically enable Carplay when you connect to a specific head unit. Previously, you had to manually unlock it every time. Now, if Pioneer would add something similar to kill their stupid liability warning that pops up every single time... (I've got a 5000NEX head unit) But CarPlay is still very much a work in progress...
Technically, it's not a "visit" if your phone is uploading information to the NSA or the FBI unbeknownst to the user.
 Nobody trusts the big banks in Canada.  They all have no problem ripping off their "clients" to get an extra zero on their profit sheet.  See their collusion with the Interact system. What the Apple Pay system also eliminates is the banks visibility into what you are purchasing.  And he really wants that, because he sells that information for...more money.
 No, they aren't.  Because the big labels control the vast majority of music, and in particular the "popular" songs of the day, so Apple HAS to have a deal with them, otherwise only a small group of people will bother with paying for Apple's service.  And those labels will force the distribution to be fair only for them. If anything, Apple's deal will already be more 'fair' for the artists because right now, the other monthly services have been forced to give up...
 No, Apple is not in a position to directly pay artists, for a bunch of reasons, not least of which is because the artists no longer 'own' their work [for the VAST majority of artists].  The labels do.  And there is nothing Apple can do about that.  There's also the various mandatory licensing organizations mandated by law/regulations. If there is any industry that defines regulatory capture, it is the audio/visual industry. The only way Apple 'gets around' the labels...
Doh, and I just bought and installed a 4000NEX in my truck. For me, hooking up my iPhone to the head unit is annoying because I keep it in a case, so I have to remove it from the case, plug it in, then authorize it, then click OK on the head unit to accept that Carplay is likely going to make me get into an accident and it's not Pioneer's fault. The mic included with the 4000NEX also doesn't work that great for Siri, at least for me in my truck. It's mounted on the...