or Connect

Posts by whatisgoingon

Technically, it's not a "visit" if your phone is uploading information to the NSA or the FBI unbeknownst to the user.
 Nobody trusts the big banks in Canada.  They all have no problem ripping off their "clients" to get an extra zero on their profit sheet.  See their collusion with the Interact system. What the Apple Pay system also eliminates is the banks visibility into what you are purchasing.  And he really wants that, because he sells that information for...more money.
 No, they aren't.  Because the big labels control the vast majority of music, and in particular the "popular" songs of the day, so Apple HAS to have a deal with them, otherwise only a small group of people will bother with paying for Apple's service.  And those labels will force the distribution to be fair only for them. If anything, Apple's deal will already be more 'fair' for the artists because right now, the other monthly services have been forced to give up...
 No, Apple is not in a position to directly pay artists, for a bunch of reasons, not least of which is because the artists no longer 'own' their work [for the VAST majority of artists].  The labels do.  And there is nothing Apple can do about that.  There's also the various mandatory licensing organizations mandated by law/regulations. If there is any industry that defines regulatory capture, it is the audio/visual industry. The only way Apple 'gets around' the labels...
Doh, and I just bought and installed a 4000NEX in my truck. For me, hooking up my iPhone to the head unit is annoying because I keep it in a case, so I have to remove it from the case, plug it in, then authorize it, then click OK on the head unit to accept that Carplay is likely going to make me get into an accident and it's not Pioneer's fault. The mic included with the 4000NEX also doesn't work that great for Siri, at least for me in my truck. It's mounted on the...
Fine.  Be a leader, Samsung.  At the very least make and publish a standard, and then implement it on all your products, a way for them to all communicate their status and be appropriately remotely controlled, only without any data being sent to your servers.  My data on your servers gives me no value add, so it must all work without needing your servers to work.
Firewire devices have had similar issues [devices get to DMA to memory in the host computer, what could go wrong?].
Hello from Canada. Tim, can you kick the Apple Canada exec's into action at all?
Apple Canada: Why the hell do they keep doing this shit to us? We're still trying to figure out how to do in-store pickup.
"IDC sure picks a lot of losers"   I think what you really mean is:  A lot of losers pick IDC [to try to make themselves look good]