or Connect

Posts by TimmyDax

Ah... Americans. The Sri Lankan dude made several great points, and his ability to write in English in no way hindered his eloquence in my book. Although anecdotal, this is the main reason Apple need a low-cost iPhone. American Students? American Children? Who gives a flying... ...the perception of Apple in the rest of the world is arguably more important than any "cheap" American market. Apple have been focussing on China, but they seem to have not realised the rest of...
Why can't OEMs push updates directly to Android? Why are the carriers involved at all? If we look at the comparable (ish) iOS versions to those main 3 Android versions we get Gingerbread (2010) [iOS4], ICS (2011) [iOS5] & Jelly Bean (2012) [iOS6], none of the rest have made any significant impact, so to pretend any developments between have meant anything at all (so far including 4.2) would be fallacious. If nearly half of iOS devices ran iOS4, from nearly three years...
They could make an iPod+Cellular, but they'd have to make several design decisions; these can be posed as a series of questions: 1) Do they add the hardware most seem to ignore as well, ie. mic, top speaker, proximity sensor, does it even have a flash? 2) How do they produce this and add a new direction or spin on it so it isn't meh? 3) Do they keep the anodised metal back, or would this not provide good enough reception? 4) Would replacing the Touch's casing with...
It does seem like the second time around, he realised that in order to continue to make the best products In the world, Apple had to be profitable to fund it! Personally, I'm all for that. They always earn every penny of their asking price; their sheer ingenuity brings them higher profits than the competition. It seems like Google is really in trouble here, as this is their major profit from their investment in Android, especially as we see "forks" in the road ahead! I...
His anticompetitive rant belies his and Schmidt's true beliefs: open up your privacy and be content with the resulting crap; after all, it's free! Their YouTube app is horrible and the non-standard player is a step backwards from Apple's 2007 app. Their Google labs projects and even gmail have humiliatingly bad interfaces, and the projects they push are all second-rate except Search. Even then, it's only the results that are impressive, their actual web pages are dog-slow...
This is true of so many products it's amazing the other guys are still in business. Even if Apple can make a markup that is seen by some as unreasonable, there is still no competition. It's truly mind boggling sometimes.
Multiple references to Paul because he doesn't look like Paul: conspiracy theorists go!
That's incredibly short-sighted for a connector that's supposed to last ten years.Not even USB3? Syncing takes so long it's just sad. As an aside, backing up all apps and iBooks takes a great deal of space on the mac with little benefit. Photos, music; fine. Something has to change here.
This thread is weirding me out.I don't understand those who say "yes someone may prefer it but it'll never replace the full-size iPad".For them, of course it may. For everyone on the planet? Probably not, good point guys. But then only half of customers didn't have a tablet? What percentage of those were iPads? Switchers? Useless data.So... looks like black is The Sex this time around. Anyone compared to the iPod touch's back, is it the same finish? Everyone keeps...
We will have the last laugh as Apple insulates us from Google's Iron Fisting, whilst droids just feed the giant lying maw that is "open" and "free". Idealists believing blindly in a company with no ethics. Laughable. Google apologists are so strange. If you've invested time and money into a company's tangible product, fair enough, I get it. We all do. But why do people love Google so irrationally? Are they just cheap sheep? They mean less than nothing to Google, they...