or Connect

Posts by TimmyDax

That was HIS baby!?! Wow that's... odd.These ads were so... off. Funny, but weird. Especially for the big A.We other-countryers not so familiar with Best Buy, but if it's a big, tacky, electronics warehouse thing, yeah. They're like mosquitos. Or lawyers. Ubiquitous. Unimaginative. Usually unfriendly. Uncomfortable. Understood.Apple are gonna be making some mistakes in an absence of... familiarity. They just need to get comfortable in the new. Something to do with a saddle?
If SJ thought this guy was useful, why not keep him around? He might be a giant pain in the ass. Cook may not think he's required. Either way, it's obvious that Cook's presentations are a little lacklustre in comparison to Steve's. And it's not exactly charisma or charm, when he's relaxed TC's great. There have been epic features and products that Cook's introduced now, and yet they've all seemed... underwhelming?   Maybe TC's "not a product person, per se", but...
  More like Daniel Eran Dilger?   http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/09/01/a-product-transition-giving-macbooks-the-iphone-touch/   This was (as is obvious from the url) in 2008...  
True.Ok so anyway, now we've got the touch layer integrated, that makes room for...More layers?1) Transparent Photovoltaic layer? Would be a good work around for battery life issues.2) Light sensing pixels? Like cones in the eye. A Real Retina Display. The possibilities:i) Built-in fingerprint recognitionii) Facial recognitioniii) Hover effects on finger proximityiv) Greater multitouch input - shape of object, object trackingv) Due to sensor effective size, huge aperture,...
oooooooh pretty blue status bar...   wait... where'd my coloured icons go? Boooooo!   Oh yeah and the Youtube thing is shit.   Apple made Youtube less crap for a bit though! Except the not being able to change video quality thing. Retina sucks for that. Takes ages on a moderately crap connection. Well, even longer than usual.   But yeah, Google suck, and now I'll have to download their stupid app. Dammit.
They should. Even the huge borderless pretty ones have absolutely atrocious software. With annoying animated icons and crap smart bullshit and apps worse than android.It literally makes me want to smash it into tiny pieces, acostomed to Apple as I am.Don't even get me started on pairing the surround sound speakers.Nobody ever mentions this little hell. And they go oh maybe I'm the stupid one. No. That's what the Mac taught us. Hardware's a machine. Software needs to be human.
  Looks great. But can we sort out being able to... use Apple devices (!?!) like... maybe iPhones without ...crying... first?   Maybe just make it 703px all the way down? I mean an iPhone-specific theme would be great (maybe just put the name above the comment!?!)   Frankly, imo there's a lot more to worry about.   Quote looks good though dude.
They wrote code to get around it, clearly. We can only guess at motive.Woops . Agreed!Ah... we were so naive back in the day. Switching from msn seemed like a good idea at the time. I sign out so they don't track me personally. That's all.
Giving them the benefit of the doubt isn't saying much. They seem to claim circumventing the security setting was for Google+ and Account holders (who have little to no privacy rights) but... um... the monkeys escaped and... someone slipped on the f everyone button?Even if what they preach is somewhat partially kinda true ...ish......and that's a big if, admittedly......they clearly have no sense whatsoever that what they do might be a teensy bit dubious, and the bigger...
In all fairness, this could have been a case of carelessness or negligence on Google's part, rather than cynical malicious profiteering intent. Given that though, doesn't that say something about their views on spying on people? We've never heard anything like that before... Eric S's and other Google bigwig's opinions on the matter are known. I sign out of GMail as soon as I'm done using it. Facebook too. Am I paranoid?