or Connect

Posts by TimmyDax

Cheers for clearing this up. So it is normally provided by the retailer/carrier.I think I may be confused though. How can a device suffer a hardware failure if it wasn't either (a) present at time of purchase or (b) damage (not covered by either)? How can a customer prove this if there was no sign of failure before the hardware... well, failed?Thanks for your input.
Except if people don't ask for it, they will be charged for the repairs. Apple are charging for AppleCare which advertises that it offers more than call-centre support, which it does not.It is Apple's responsibility to ensure they are following the laws of the countries they sell in, and do not misrepresent a customer's rights. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to inform the customer of their rights, but just that they do not deliberately and with foresight mislead...
Could never get iPod socks to work properly. Besides, iPhone gloves were always more practical; no taking shoes off in public etc.
Price? Pricey? In any case, this is a great idea for those of us with full high-capacity models who will have to shell out more just to keep all our stuff. Feel a bit of a mug paying apple so much more for increasingly-needed storage when USB drives & solid-state storage cards are so cheap now.
That was HIS baby!?! Wow that's... odd.These ads were so... off. Funny, but weird. Especially for the big A.We other-countryers not so familiar with Best Buy, but if it's a big, tacky, electronics warehouse thing, yeah. They're like mosquitos. Or lawyers. Ubiquitous. Unimaginative. Usually unfriendly. Uncomfortable. Understood.Apple are gonna be making some mistakes in an absence of... familiarity. They just need to get comfortable in the new. Something to do with a saddle?
If SJ thought this guy was useful, why not keep him around? He might be a giant pain in the ass. Cook may not think he's required. Either way, it's obvious that Cook's presentations are a little lacklustre in comparison to Steve's. And it's not exactly charisma or charm, when he's relaxed TC's great. There have been epic features and products that Cook's introduced now, and yet they've all seemed... underwhelming?   Maybe TC's "not a product person, per se", but...
  More like Daniel Eran Dilger?   http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/09/01/a-product-transition-giving-macbooks-the-iphone-touch/   This was (as is obvious from the url) in 2008...  
True.Ok so anyway, now we've got the touch layer integrated, that makes room for...More layers?1) Transparent Photovoltaic layer? Would be a good work around for battery life issues.2) Light sensing pixels? Like cones in the eye. A Real Retina Display. The possibilities:i) Built-in fingerprint recognitionii) Facial recognitioniii) Hover effects on finger proximityiv) Greater multitouch input - shape of object, object trackingv) Due to sensor effective size, huge aperture,...
oooooooh pretty blue status bar...   wait... where'd my coloured icons go? Boooooo!   Oh yeah and the Youtube thing is shit.   Apple made Youtube less crap for a bit though! Except the not being able to change video quality thing. Retina sucks for that. Takes ages on a moderately crap connection. Well, even longer than usual.   But yeah, Google suck, and now I'll have to download their stupid app. Dammit.
They should. Even the huge borderless pretty ones have absolutely atrocious software. With annoying animated icons and crap smart bullshit and apps worse than android.It literally makes me want to smash it into tiny pieces, acostomed to Apple as I am.Don't even get me started on pairing the surround sound speakers.Nobody ever mentions this little hell. And they go oh maybe I'm the stupid one. No. That's what the Mac taught us. Hardware's a machine. Software needs to be human.