or Connect

Posts by TimmyDax

Microsoft mention this in their paper. They cite this paper [PDF]  saying that users find it distracting. Seems like MS have the best method?   Or at least have put a lot of thought into it. They still make tasteless products :-D
  Apple have their own speech-recognition technology. It is not used by Siri.   Voice Control, OTOH....   Are these guys just dense?
  Yes. if you read it, you would see that they credit Apple too:     Microsoft have criticised this approach as being counter-intuitive for users (who might, or example want to type habiy, not habit and are unable to do so). They go on to explain their system where the key's target areas are somewhat maintained whilst being dynamically resized, thereby allowing the user to always be able to type any letter by tapping the centre of the key.   The full paper is here, and is...
You're right. It's odd. But maybe it reflects the different intents of the teams. If we look at iOS for reference, Settings has become deeper and more complex, adding more application-centric stuff in there (apps at the bottom, though usually about/info now, notifications, location, storage, docs/data, backed-up data). Whilst the file system is... Well non-existent apart from the weird "Open with..." which seems to duplicate files between apps (makes no sense to us mac...
Just bought an HP Envy (some machine code) printer, hardware is great (apart from the ink scam); the software is awful. HP WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH PALM? They're probably still sat there with their fingers in their... ears. Given their software is complete and utter ballshitfuckbuggery, you'd think... Ah, nevermind.
So here we go again... Patents are the strongest weapon Apple has in defending its IP. The huge increase in touch-screen phones and Goog's redirection of Android are symptoms of the original iPhone launch. Subsequent updates have been to level the feature-set playing field on both sides. However, Apple took the PDA form-factor and ran with it, innovating again and again on the way these superficially-similar functions work and present themselves. This is what they are...
Ingredients1 2/3 cup blackberries1/4 cup maple syrup1 tsp flour1 Tbsp waterGently break up the Blackberries with a wire masher, leaving them chunky so that there is a mix of whole berries, partly broken berries and crushed berries.Dissolve the flour in the water in a small saucepan.  Stir in the maple syrup.  Then add the crushed Blackberries.  Bring the mixture to a gentle bubbling simmer and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to let it boil vigorously.Serve...
  But what about Street View, pushed as a major feature in 3.0?     Arguably implemented better than any Google interface for the same data.   Nice knowing you stalker-vision, destination-preview, out-of-date-pictures-of-my-house machine. I know I will never use a Google version :-(
  Is he joking? I mean, wtflmfaonfwih!
The Only Way is Essex, Coronation Street & Emmerdale dominate.   This is why Apple should buy ITV and give the money back to the shareholders.