or Connect

Posts by TimmyDax

THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKEFFS.I note they now have both a Mobile and Carrier section in Settings, and with the lack of carrier customisation and built-in FaceTime calling, this says to me Dumb Pipes
Intentionally
The ad focuses on the iPhones being made of colour, no cross-sections of circuit boards, chips, no exploded multi-part home button (obv for good reason); there is a strong focus on the technology disappearing to appear to be constituted as a whole object. This is how iPods have always been marketed, not as tech with CPUs, components and parts, but as a hardware interface, an integrated tool for solving a problem. In this case, the problem for many potential customers will...
The reason I called it an "oversight" is because they hadn't done it and are now
Well that's a bit of an oversight.Or maybe just overly optimistic. Maybe not.Can't be many 3GSs left, can there?iOS7 may just be a Leopard-esque -almost superficial- update, but I think those that can, will.
Maybe they are building something horrifying o_0 Like pharmaceutical companies buying toes to make some giant toe monster :-O Seriously though, wtf are they planning to do with these iPads, that's so fricking weird.
It's an iPhone 5. In colours. Why would this be any different than selling the 4S last month? If it had 4 or 4S components, it would be cheaper.It now targets both the iPod touch audience and the same demographic that have been buying last year's iPhone for years. This is not hard to understand.I don't know what you mean by your last sentence, but next year the 5C will still be around as an even more affordable model. In two year's time it could still be selling in...
What are you talking about?For some people, price has always been more important. They bought crap Android phones last time. Nokias before that. They buy crap Chinese phones. They will continue to do so, irrespective of who writes the software on their phone.Alternatively, they might upgrade to a "premium build" phone. The likelihood someone will downgrade is very small, at most they may put off an upgrade.iOS (and "premium build" Android phones) have crap market share in...
Analysts' analysis is speculative conjectureSurveys are historical fact, but the sample population determines the legitimacy of the findingsI don't think anyone here is comparing this analysis with that survey and finding them equally probable. Calling the survey "analytics" does not reinforce your point, it makes you look foolish.
Which is more likely: A) The iPhone "5C" will sell less than the new iPhone for above vague reasoning B) The iPhone "5C" will sell more than the new iPhone for the exact same reason iPad mini, iPod mini, nano etc. did