or Connect

Posts by TimmyDax

Lost me too. Love the power of PS, AI, and DW is fine as alt for Coda on Win, but I will never buy (rent!) another version personally. I just know this will be a shoe-in at work and many companies will just pony up the money to these sharks.Don't know about top-class tho tbh. There have been horrible feature omissions and additions for Years, they have held originally good software hostage, developed the apps in the worst way possible (out-sourced redundant coding &...
This is wrong on so many levels.O/T: iOS7 is such a fantastic springboard to an exceedingly bright future. It's like the Aqua OSX 10.0 compared to drab NextStep. Can't wait for the engineers to do a couple of feature releases and some under-the-hood Snow/Mountain rewrites!
I thought it was only a monopoly if abuse could be proven. Having the largest market share is not, in itself, anything but good business. Using that market share to create a barrier of entry for competition, as it was proven Microsoft did with Windows, that's a monopoly. Being popular was never, and should never be, a crime.
So wait, this DOJ exists to ensure competition in the marketplace? Doesn't this case hinge on an idea that in fact levelled the playing field and broke Amazon's monopoly on books? WTF. When does it become apparent that labels, studios and networks are simply loan-shark middle men of an overly-authoritarian nature that limit competition and collaboration in content through a skewed and out-dated measure of popularity with utterly opaque funding streams? NB: May be...
Pandora is screwed. The added value of having one-click (maybe a couple) purchases for streamed radio will be proven to be a dream come true for the labels. Hopefully sales figures will push the networks and studios in Apple's direction. Apple can line up on-demand no-stupid-Hulu-or-whatever-t-f app shows for iOS (existing hardware) before a full-fledged TV hardware product. The little Apple TV box makes a great reverse media-hub whereby distributed content can be viewed...
Oh ms, you have sunk so so low. Give it up already. No-one will buy these. Ever. Gatwick airport in London has this giant Lenovo advert atm, some sort of convertible windows tablet. Not only does it have a laptop mode and a tablet mode... but a "stand" mode (keyboard facing down, ytf!?!) and... Wait for it... "TENT MODE" where it is stood in an A-frame. Hilarious. How in any way those latter two help, I'll never know. Ms and partners are very much doing the same old...
Hey guys sorry here's source for charts: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13l9ad/recently_i_scraped_a_database_of_24000_videogames/ Not entirely accurate, as one would expect, just thought it was cool :-) Side note - How many people own TVs in this chart for definite. How many play on iOS. Looks like Post-PC may also turn out to be Post-Console. "Hardcore" gamers (I reject the suffix-only "Core" label as a misanomer) are clearly only one certain vocal group, but...
Interesting. I would argue that the userbase of Android and Windows are irrelevant to Apple for the most part, that iCloud is largely a syncing service (an so inappropriate for you specifically), that Apple has no more failed with its online offerings than lost interest in them, and that Apple offers more integration with other company's services and is less "we must do everything ourselves" than Google or Microsoft, for example.To me, it seems like there's a problem of...
Every year, pundits insist on "naming" Apple's next-gen handset. Some have said 5S this year. IMO, 6 is a better fit; we can assume they will not call a spade a spade and name it "iPhone 7" Thanks AI for not doing that in this article
Apple made a big deal about pointing out how many accounts with credit cards they have. The other shoe is potentially two-fold: 1) Allow account credit without going to a physical store and buying an iTunes card. Let me transfer a bulk amount from my card/bank account at a time, and consolidate my billing. Let me add as many cards to my account as I want, and let me have multiple users (this is a much larger topic in need of attention) 2) Passbook payments in physical...