or Connect

Posts by Bancho

Sprint offers the iPhone 4 (the 8GB version is the only iPhone 4 available for Sprint) for preorder today and will allow preorders for the 4s starting tomorrow, the same as everyone else. The text from Sprint's page below:"While supplies last pre-order iPhone 4 online today. iPhone 4S will be available for pre-order on Friday, Oct. 7."http://sprint.com/index_p.html
It's not something you have to activate in-store. Apple's gone to great lengths to make that particular process as benign as possible. That said, if they offer it, or try to insinuate that it's got to be down at the time of purchase then walk away.
The apps I was thinking of run on the computer. You'd have to connect the iPad to the computer, but you wouldn't need to sync it. The one I use is called PhoneView (I got it as part of a bundle of apps). Senuti is another possibility. There may be others, but those are the ones I'm most familiar with. None of the ones I'm aware of require jailbreaking so that shouldn't be an obstacle to you either. You know, the app Air Sharing *might* be able to do what you want without...
There are apps that will allow you to do this but you'd need to use a Mac/PC to do it (and since I only have a Mac, I can only really comment on that part). Do you have a computer to use for this task, and if so, what platform is it?
Correct
This is interesting news, but I wouldn't expect this to halt those comparisons. Marketshare for the Mac is (and always has been) compared to everything under the sun running Windows which is basically the same scenario.
Not to split hairs, but the iPod wasn't available in the 20th century.
It's not cheap, but Omnigraffle is one of my favorite applications. It complements Office well since there is no version of Visio for the Mac.
If it were my choice, the iPad would be viable if you complemented it with a basic phone and a voice-only cell plan.