or Connect

Posts by sflocal

I doubt he's doing it to make money.  He's got enough money for several lifetimes.  If he wants to blow it - "tax write-off" or not - good for him.  He probably can't spend all that money fast enough so if it enriches society, good for him.I make very good money in tech, yet I freelance as an assistant SCUBA-diving instructor often.   I'm lucky to get paid, but it's such a 180 compared to my regular life that it provides balance and contribution.  People should do this...
What difference is this compared to when Steve Jobs showcased the Mac to Andy Warhol?  If anything, the most anti-technology people are this 1% that wouldn't know how to turn on a Macbook in sleep mode.  If Apple can make these tech-illiterate folks be excited about tech, it's great for everyone in my book.However, I do agree with what I think you're implying.  Would Steve Jobs be catering and hobnobbing with that elite crowd?  Probably not.  Then again, I wouldn't put it...
Hmmm.... the article mentions nothing that it took place in a basement bedroom.  Are you certain it's BF??  :)
Good for Scott.  He has enough money to do pretty much anything he wants for the rest of his life.  Good for him that he's doing other things  outside of his perceived comfort-zone. I too think that he could have contributed more at Apple, but he's not getting any younger too so he should do other things.  Who know, maybe it'll be a Steve Jobs moment where he will one day come back to Apple.
Last thing Apple needs to do is explode their product-line as you suggest.  Too much choice is bad as well... just look at the mess Android phones are in.  That alone should tell you that Apple's smaller product-line is better to manage and handle.
 I think the guy that struck the other on the back of the head with a beer bottle was the android.  He's drinking beer, and hit hit from behind.  A cowardly cheap-shot.  Typical Fandroid behavior. The Apple Fan would have used a vodka bottle, and at least had the dignity of hitting him from the front. :)
Not too bad for a CEO some posters here (current and banned) claimed was the worst thing for Apple.
Maps has been flawless for me. I use it constantly when driving. I don't use GoogleMaps at all on my iPhone, and rarely on my desktop.Don't you live in Panama?
Seriously... whatever fine that Apple would have to pay for their "insubordination" would be so infinitesimal, it wouldn't even qualify as a "rounding error" on their books.  Apple should move Bromwich's office to a storage room beneath the A/C unit in the basement and tell the the judge to go f**k herself and wait for the appeal process to run its course.Honestly, I really think Apple will win the case.  When that happens, I hope the court system recognizes that the judge...