or Connect

Posts by sflocal

Fcuk-em.  It's stories like yours that puts me in my anti-union mode.  Unions had a purpose back in time when they were needed, but they are obsolete today.  They are all about milking everybody else for their own greed.  Period.I have an extended family member that works for BART here in the bay area.  When they go on strike because BART wants to raise their health plans up $5/mo, and they only pay $50/month for their insurance, I get right in his face.  Surprisingly, he...
Wow... there's a lot of ignorance and hate on this subject.  I don't think for one moment that bus drivers are "stupid".  I work all the time with folks in low-skilled work, and most are very smart, and very capable people.   Folks here stereotyping them as "stupid" are the stupid ones.  In my experience, most (but not all) folks here in the bay area doing those kind of jobs arguably do not fit the mold as one where college is the right path for them. College is not a...
I agree.  I guess the employee would rather force an employer to pay them a higher wage than to actually take the initiative and better themselves to get a better job right?  That would make too much sense.They know that if they quit, there will be a dozen people right behind them ready to take that job.  So instead, lets form a union to force employers to pay more than what the going rate is.
Getting a college degree doesn't mean one "deserves" high-paying jobs.  That degree means certain doors "may" open to them, but in the end it comes down to the individual person that applies for that job.There are quite a few brilliant software engineers that make serious money with no college degree.  I know quite a few college-educated engineers that are dumber than dirt and couldn't code their way out of a "Hello World" program.  Most I know just happened to have mommy...
He already one-upped Apple ages ago... :)http://www.dailytech.com/Googles+Eric+Schmidt+Says+Android+is+More+Secure+Than+iPhone/article33515.htm
"A total of 158 bus drivers working for Compass Transportation..." Fix your headline. This has NOTHING to do with Apple, Google, etc., and everything to do with Compass Transportation. What next AI? Gonna post news when workers at a company that supplies toilet paper to Apple's bathrooms are gonna unionize too? Jeez... click bait.
It's not that hard to overshadow it, especially when the "competition" just keeps churning out more sh!t each time...
What the hell?  Ron probably has what is essentially an unlimited amount of money from his holdings in Apple.  I can understand him wanting to take the lead, but he already botched (big time) JCPenney's and now he's looking to run a brand that frankly, sounds like some skank shop?   Take a breather Ron.  Take some of that money you made at Apple and go find yourself.  This is simply put, embarrassing.
  That was a pretty arrogant response... in Razorpit's fantasy, he's in a position to choose what after-party he's going to attend.And then he wakes up....
It's got to be a burden for Pebbles to know the 800lb. gorilla that is Apple may very well evaporate any possibility of them making a decent business with their wearables.  Kudos goes to them for trying.  I think in the back of their minds they're waiting for the right time to cash out, get bought out, or whatever and then take the money and run for the hills.  They are not looking at long-term survival. And then there's the Android watch... a piece of garbage that I will...