or Connect

Posts by sflocal

The makers of CurrentC have zero business doing this.  Keeping up with the never-ending fraud and attacks requires a skill set that those people simple do not have.  Sure, they will put out the typical boilerplate nonsense in their attempt to brainwash people as to why CurrentC is safe and secure, which we know it will not be.  It's their desperate attempt to keep control of customer data. Later on, there will be a breach and they will resolve it by putting out the...
Locking-in to a specific carrier (if all the frequencies are the same) is a dying model.  Those iPads will work on another carrier if you just swap the sim out anyways right?  If that's the case, the only reason I can think of from the carrier's point of view is that they are banking that the user will be too lazy to go and seek another sim card from another network.  It's the only thing I can really think of. Any other thoughts (conspiracies)??
Is this another opportunity for the obligatory "But...but...but... Android" remark?   I just ordered my silver iPhone 6+.  Heading out on a two week vacation in a couple days, and after the 2-3 week leadtime, I'll have a nice present for myself waiting when I get back! Even the Koreans consider Samsung a bottom-of-barrel shop.  There's no surprise here, including whatever commercials Samsung will spew out to make themselves appear better than they really are.
It's only a matter of time before CVS or RiteAid's system gets hacked and forces them to issue an "apology".  Retailers have shown time and time again that they cannot be trusted with the consumer's data. These retailers will no longer have my business.  
After the first download, I immediately made a bootable OSX USB.  I have multiple macs here at home and at the office and it just made more sense to keep an offline copy.  It really speeds things up.  I've been doing this for the past few OSX releases.  It just takes too long to download, especially in the beginning when we all know a gazillion people are trying to download it as well.
Most (if not all) traded their OLD iPhones to get the new one.  
Stop being a d**k.
If anything, upgrading my 2009 iMac to Yosemite actually made the bluetooth connections to my trackpad and mouse work more consistently.  I was having problems (especially on Mavericks) with my devices mysteriously stop working, yet showing it as connected.  I would occasionally have to power-off the devices and power-on to make it active again. Yosemite has been the easiest and most stable transition yet.  I'm a happy camper.
Judge Lucy Koh might as well be the resident Apple judge. Her name seems to be appearing more and more in every case!
  I'm telling ya... First BofA, then a "Payment network"... even though it had nothing to do with Apple... I'm preparing for the worst when I use ApplePay...  You just never know... :)