or Connect

Posts by sflocal

I can tell you right now, that after my 25+ years of programming experience... just because you can hold a hammer, most will have no business building houses with it.I suspect we'll see the emergence of more "I am rich" crap apps, and weekend wannabe coders suddenly proclaiming themselves to be software engineers because they were able to compile a "Hello World" example. 
This was one of those rare times I didn't immediately install a firmware update.  My 2011-MBA will remain in its current, useable state until this issue is resolved. This is one area that I think Apple is really dropping the ball on.  It seems (to me at least) that the quality of their updates have been lacking lately.  This does not help.   On the flip side, the last update for the iMac did clear up an irritating sleep/awake issue finally.
If there is any saturation on the "high-end", it will probably be from consumers deciding the 5c was at that right price-point to get an Apple phone, as opposed to buying that Samsung crap.
I'll gladly volunteer to do the obligatory "But..but..but... the iHating anti-5c trolls said it was supposed to be a complete flop!"
I don't follow Basketball, but I was surprised to discover that Kobe never went to college.  He obviously did very well in the NBA, but if he wants to get into some serious post-NBA business dealings, he should at least take some time off and get serious about honing his business-skills.A college-degree does not guarantee prevent one from being stupid.  History has shown many high-earners with college degrees getting swindled by their financial advisers because they just...
The iPad being the the highest-priced tablet, has the most Internet usage. The Kindle-fire, being the tablet that has to be sold at a loss to this day to make a dent, beat another tablet that Samsung says sells well, only to be proven in court that they were lying all along. Hmmm....
I doubt he could just "cold call" Jony.  Surely, he must have had some kind of relationship with him.  If that were the case, I'm just gonna walk right up to Jony at my gym and discuss my next steps in life. :/
Agreed.  Folks want to use their own phone, but don't want the company to tell them what to do with it.  Companies would rather let employees use their own devices to keep costs down, but get irked when personal/business needs clash.Regardless of what OS is used, it will always be a problem.  Even with using a Blackberry, it will still mean that people may go back to using two handsets again.
  Don't forget there's a +/- 3% error margin. :)
Name one COMMERCIAL where Apple badmouthed Android.  Private, paid developer conferences do not apply.Nice try.