or Connect

Posts by sflocal

I've went through three mophie cases in one year. Under warranty, but still. Complete garbage. The micro-USB connector is do flimsy it kept breaking after a few months. Unless they change it to the much more durable Lighning port, I'm done with them.
I'm just salivating at the 8-core CPU.  I hope Apple put's that as a high-end option for the iMac.  I'd put them all to good use!  Hopefully this means I finally get to retire my 2009 iMac!
 Yeah... all what, three users?
It's basically a big box with floor-to-ceiling glass windows/door.  Sure, the AI photo has it with thicker borders around the perimeter, but it's pretty darn close to the same concept as far as I'm concerned.  At least, that was my immediate reaction when I saw it.
This looks a lot like the future San Francisco flagship store.  Doesn't seem so secret to me.
If AI posted news about Android taking a big dump, you'd care.  How is this any different?  I'm not a fan of Nest, and certainly wouldn't buy one because Google has it's claws in it, but I think it's okay to read about a potential competitor.
I have an unlimited package for my iPhone.  My last log showed 232MB for the past billing month.  Even with that, I do what I can do use WiFi where available simply because it's usually a faster, more stable data connection than my mobile data is. I know that "unlimited" data is just that.  The same as "All you can eat buffet".  But since I'm an adult with realistic expectations, and not some whiny moocher that feels "unlimited" means using not only my phone, but feeling...
It's an awesome strategy.  By doing this, Apple also gets people to start actually using it.  Having college students (and faculty) using it means it will become more mainstream with the younger minds, then resulting in it being considered the norm a year or two from now and ApplePay will be expected in non-college outlets as well.On a similar subject, where has CurrentC been lately?  Haven't heard word-one from that sham of a conglomerate lately.
I'm waiting for the media to sensationalize this and make it sound like it's a non-jailbroken problem. I can pretty much guarantee the trolls, Fandroids, and iHaters will try passing off this non-story as an Apple problem.
I've been holding off getting a new ATV box to replace my buggy, old one.  I'm really looking forward to what Apple is going to offer.  If even 1/2 of the rumors are correct, I'm looking forward to cutting the cable-cord and giving Comcast the middle-finger.  I'm tired of paying $100+/mo on TV that I rarely watch, and only for a handful of channels.