or Connect

Posts by sflocal

Apple didn't invent the phone.  got it.Apple didn't invent the tablet.  got it.Apple didn't invent the PC.  got it.Apple didn't invent the watch.  got it.We all know Apple didn't invent the entire system from the ground up.  It scooped up all the tech it could, and refined it on their own, and created a polished system.The sad part is that all this tech was out for years before Apple touched any of it, and the idiots out there STILL could't do anything with it.  Suddenly,...
And the same tired song will be played. Samsung waits for Apple for direction. Samsung copies Apple's lead. Samsung hails its "innovation" Samsung shows ineptness and cluelessness and botches the technology. Samsung quietly shelves it to gather dust Samsung (and Fandroids) "magical" pretend it all never happened.
I still don't think Apple is building a car.  Maybe some systems for one but not an iAuto. That being said, this guy comes across like that idiot CEO at Blackberry when the iPhone was introduced.  Whatever Apple does, I'm sure it will be pie in this guy's face.  
You just don't know when to quit do you Ben?  Take your trolling backside elsewhere.
*yawn*Cars drive on roads, in two dimensions which are highly restricted and capable of limited travel.  Someone wants to stalk me in a car, go ahead and try.  Cars have license plates, models are easily identifiable, and in many cases the driver can be identified since they have to actually be IN the vehicle to operate it.Quadcopters work in three-dimensions and can enter one's private property in ways a car cannot.  There are no identifiable features of a quadcopter that...
Why stop there?  Let's then mandate population control so we don't have a shortage of housing, and institute regulations that bar an individual from entering a city until there is housing made available to them first?Face it... In a place I like to call "Utopia" where the earth is 100 times larger, with swaths of land that will allow only 1-story structures, for an ever-growing population, the reality dictates that if there is no more land available somewhere, the only...
That Amazon "concept" was full of hot air (pun intended) the moment it was announced.  If Amazon didn't plan on it being a viral prank, they knew there is no way the FAA would allow a city to be literally blanketed by the loud-buzzing of these arial leaf-blowers.Gone are the days of clunky RC airplanes are helicopters that required a level of skill and responsibility.  Now drones with integrated (i.e. "stalking") cameras that a 3-year-old can pilot around are just ripe for...
Maybe you should lead by example then.. Bye bye....
I don't hear too much about a bank being hacked.  It's more like Target, or Walmart kind of establishments.  They just don't have the talent in-house to maintain the ever-difficult task of modern encryption and data security.  I'll bet their systems are old servers running out-of-date Windows Server patches and simply look the other way when a breach happens.  They are the problem, not the banks.I would be curious to see what research shop determines a way to crack...
I go to Monterey often.  It's beautiful land.  The solar farm is somewhere outside of Monterey, most likely where it won't be seen by the general public, but essentially clearing out whatever is there to put up hundreds of acres of solar panels is terrible.  I flat-out hate the idea.  Sure, we're not burning coal, or natural gas to power whatever datacenters Apple wants to run, we're consuming one valuable resource to offset another.I'll be flamed for it, but we need...