or Connect

Posts by sflocal

Nah... just like WebOS was (or could have been), Samsung will buy Blackberry, and that OS will essentially be hung out to dry, or stagnate.  The engineers that had anything to do with that OS will jump ship.  Blackberry the OS will then cease to exist because Samsung - as we all seen them do in years past - couldn't code their way out of a "Hello World!" program if their lives depended on it.Only thing of value (for now) is their IP and patents.  That's it, and even that...
I have zero clue how all the x86 politics work, but couldn't Apple somehow license the x86 architecture (like it did with ARM) and essentially build its own x86-compatible chip solely for its own machines and run with it? That way, Apple could contract with its own, very capable chip suppliers and all Intel has to do is just sit-back, and count the royalty money coming in for doing nothing. I think it's inevitable that Apple will jettison Intel. Part of me wants that to...
If company A buys Erricson tech for their product and pays the royalty for that chip, and company B buys the same tech for their pricey product and Erricson wants royalty based on price of pricey product, how is that fair?Face it... your argument is shaky to say the least.   
Comparing iOS8 to that botched Android project is a joke to say the least.At least I can trust Apple to continue to support my x-year-old iPhone and fix software issues in a ways Google could only wish for.  Apple is not perfect, but at least it's better than the competition.Google can't even get their current OS out in the hands of real people.  That's sad.  Even worse, NEW phones have an old OS and may most likely not be able to get the new OS if/when it comes out....
What irritates me most about these Fandroid fcukers is that if this were about Apple pulling a stunt like this, we'd be hearing their hissy-fits from the deep confines of their parent's basement about the "evil" corporation.   But no, not Google.  Makes me wonder who's really grabbing their own ankles while waiting to get it. Hypocrites.  Google and Fandroids should be ashamed of themselves for accepting (and defending) such horrible and despicable business practices....
Yeah, like run that botch-of-a-project called "Android".What's sad is Samsung touting that 8-core nonsense as a "feature" when the reality is, the iPhone6 will stomp all the while with less cores, a slower clock-speed, and using less battery power.  Idiots.
This is precisely what happens when you have a bunch of monkeys making decisions.  The administrators put politics ahead of sound planning.  Whether it be iPads, Chromebooks, or PC's, if the training and in-house expertise is not there, IT'S GOING TO FAIL!   They just figured they drop a bunch of shiny, futuristic iPads in there and it would just "magically" work for everyone.  I'd located everyone involved in making the purchase and fire their useless, overpaid a$$es...
I partly agree with you.  I hate unions to the Nth degree.  Can't stand them.  They are the reason so many things are screwed up in our country.  There are many laws already on the books that essentially make unions irrelevant.  Their "union dues" is just a fancy phrase for "extortion".That being said, this bus drama is different I think.  Yes it's low-skill work.  but just like janitors, dishwashers, etc... they still should be allowed to make a decent, livable wage....
I thought all these bus drivers work for a company that contracts with Google, Facebook, Apple, etc... If so, this has nothing to do with them. All it means is that the bus companies that actually hire the drivers are going to have to change their rates accordingly. Typical click-bait. It's like blaming Apple when Foxconn exploits their own workers.
If the power connector is the flimsy micro-USB, I will not even waste my money on it. I went through a couple Mophie cases in a few month (in warranty) because over time, that connector kept breaking. It's a weak design. Make it a lightning connector, and you may get my business.