or Connect

Posts by sflocal

I bought an ATV for my 73 year-old mom.  Completely tech-illiterate.  She used to buy a couple DVD's every week at Costco.  She has countless of viewed-once DVD's in her house.  It's overwhelming.  At first she was hesitant and didn't understand "renting/streaming" content from ATV without a physical DVD, but now she is hooked on renting movies on iTunes and Netflix. So yes, perhaps 20 million units may seem low compared to Apple's other products, but people (like my mom)...
I really do try watching my language online.  However I will break that for a moment.. **** You Analysts, **** You iHaters.  **** You Media.   Each and every time they post the typical hate and doom fabrications, they end up looking like idiots, and then try squirming their way out so as not to look like the idiots that they are.   Congrats Apple.  Tim Cook plays those Wall Street a$$hats like the tools they are.
So Samsung essentially admits it violated Apple's patents, and then fabricates the excuse that the patents weren't that big a deal to begin with? I so hope the judge/jury see's through the smoke screen and drops a big, granite slab of a hammer right on Samsung's skull.
Sounds like Apple was being more proactive than dodging any kind of bullet.  Kudos to them!  Of course, one doesn't hear anything in the news that would ever put Apple in a positive role.  
I think they are pricing it high simply because they know that high-end smartphones (like the iPhone) have better functionality then their own systems. Car manufacturers are probably worrying that a key revenue stream is on borrowed time.
Hatebook?  :)
Office 2010 for my Windows systems, and Office 2011 on my iMac.  Zero monthly subscription fee. While this (arguably) makes sense for businesses to keep their software current, for the personal consumer, I think it is borderline extortion that Microsoft thinks it's okay to charge a subscription fee to use something so essential as an office productivity suite. All they're going to do is lose customers to companies (like Apple) that offer a paid to own model. Lame.
My understanding is that Bromwich was put on a shorter leash.  He couldn't request to interview executives (like Jony Ive), people that have absolutely nothing to do with the ebook debacle.Sounds like Apple assigned one guy to be the focal point that Bromwich could be a pest to.  I just hope they assigned Bromwich a broom closet to do his "business" from.
Samsung's software does suck.  They have zero ability to write quality software, or maintain that which is already out in the field.  That's a given, and I will not go into it further since there's countless of articles out there that prove just that.Samsung is Android's largest partner.  Samsung is not competing with Apple, more so than they are decimating their Android counterparts.  They are barely making any profits on their Android offerings since Samsung is taking...
I've been saying this since day one.  Samsung is just blowing smoke at Fandroids long enough to ride them like the town mules they so they can put out their own ecosystem and jettison Android when the first opportunity comes.  Fandroids were just lame tools that Samsung was so obviously using. It's an efficient plan.  With Samsung being Android's largest partner, Android will wilt and die a long-needed death as the botched iClone experiment it was once Samsung goes to...