or Connect

Posts by sflocal

Give Zuckerberg credit for being so successful at a young age. That being said, if he honestly believes that the user is not the product, then he's either flat-out lying, or in denial. Ad-supported business I suppose are a necessary evil in the world of "free" services such as Google and Facebook. They certainly made information and connecting accessible to the masses, but not for one moment am I going to sit back and let some rich-punk tell me that I'm not being played...
I hope Apple sues for attorney fees, and general "Thanks for wasting everyone's @#$*% time" fees. Seriously, these lawyers tried to fish anyone with a complaint and had nothing.  The judge needs to make an example of these lawyers and get them disbarred.  Honestly, this is a sham to begin with.
My point - vague as it was - if this guy was shooting in the White House of all places and given a little bit of breathing room to take pics... I would not have used a mobile phone camera.  They both have their places.  I think given the right time to adjust the exposure, he most likely would have gotten better results.  This photo just doesn't do it for me.  
Not impressed at all with this pic.  I'm a heavy user of a Canon 5DM3 dSLR and I don't see why carrying that camera with one good lens is not as good, if not better than an iPhone camera.  I love the camera on my iP6+ don't get me wrong, but when it comes time to take pics that will really pop, there's just no comparison. A camera phone has the advantage is true portability, and not being so obvious though. Picture is too dark, details are fuzzy.  Not his best work I...
But... but... the pr!cks that are the bedwetting Fandroids constantly reminded us why 64-bit chips were just a gimmick, that it was not necessary unless it had at least 4GB of RAM!  They know everything!  So why is the market RACING to 64-bit if it is just nonsense?*cue the silent fandroids scurrying to the back of the room, once again being called out for being clueless a$$holes.
I think Windows Phone is going to have a second-life now that Ballmer is out of the picture and his replacement is really gung-ho with the mobile initiative.I actually like the Windows Phone platform.  Windows Phone, like iOS, and WebOS were bonafide OS alternatives, unlike that Android trash.  I would like to see Windows Phone get more traction.  
I think I remember another reason was that Apple did not take lightly other competitors essentially hacking iTunes to allow other players to be used.  Didn't Palm do that as well back in the day? If an unapproved plug-in is used in iTunes and it ends up breaking it for some (any) reason, the user will automatically blame Apple for it, and I don't think Apple wanted to be in that position to maintain compatibility with competing products.  It's why the iPod worked so well...
Okay, so your tax-rate is 40% in Canada.  Help me out here.  How is that necessarily a bad thing when that 40% covers you for pretty much any medical thing ever, and you don't have to worry about being put into financial ruin because you get some major disease like cancer?I'm paying almost $600/mo. on health insurance, and then when one factors in taxes here (sales tax, propery tax. etc..) we are probably paying about the same rate, if not more..I am curious though... Do...
I don't get it here. I bought some "Oakley" sunglasses for $5 from a street vendor in downtown Bangkok years ago. A few hours later while boarding the plane to go home, they broke. They just snapped. $5 for a few hours of use down the drain. Now, somewhere in China, a "corporation" built those crappy knockoffs. I knew I wasn't getting the real thing. Corporations like those don't care about their products being safe or useful. I wanted something cheap and I got...
This reminds me of an incident a while back at a client-site.  A tech approached me complaining that his tablet couldn't connect to the WiFi network.  The tablet he handed me was some cheap-shit Chinese knockoff-tablet that with the exception of it being all plastic, looked like an iPad.  Cheapa$$ bought it online for $60.  The tablet was so painful to use, it was more an old palm-pilot tactile-style screen than a "touch" screen.  After an hour of troubleshooting, I gave...