or Connect

Posts by sflocal

This is the guy you're looking for.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Wilson_(financier)
Here's why AAPL is going to tank immediately afterwards... one of two possibilities: The meet or exceed crazy-high numbers, analysts cite iPhone market has saturated.  AAPL tanks. Apple barely, or just slightly misses analysts crazy-high predictions.  No one wants iPhones anymore.  AAPL tanks.
That can be fixed quite easily by bringing up the GT Sapphire debacle.  It was quite fun watching sog35 whining like a greased pig. :)
I would rather Apple take its time to get it right, than to do what everyone else does and just throw crappy products out there and wait for a "firmware update" to resolve what should have been in place to begin with. I love AirPlay.  Last thing Apple would want is for anything to come in and make it a PC experience where nothing works right.
I think it's all relative Solips.  Tim Cook may have a very conservative salary compared to others, but doesn't he have like a gazillion dollars in AAPL to more than offset that?
  I try really hard not to buy anything made in China and that is difficult to say the least.  Actually, it's frustrating.  I can count on one hand the number of times ever I shopped at Walmart.  If I go into a store to buy something, I will make an effort to locate a made-in-USA product, even if it means paying more for the product.  I recently watched a documentary "Death by China" documenting what that corrupt government is doing, and how American companies are...
Tim is one smart cookie.  There is no way he would be bamboozled into handing the Chinese government anything that they can put into a copy-machine.  They may be able to copy power-tools and furniture, but to hack, and maintain a rogue copy of iOS, consistently that will be used by hundreds of millions of tech-savvy Chinese consumers? No way.  They just don't have the chops for that.
Have the new Intel chips come out yet?  That should answer your question.
I checked out the minutes of the intro.  They didn't mention anything - that I could catch - about Windows 10 being a subscription.  There was a very vague reference to it, but it was not really confirmed they were doing that.The biggest mistake Microsoft could/would make is to have users pay a subscription to use their computer.  I can see a huge backlash on that.  Subscriptions like Adobe to use software is one thing, but to use your own physical computer, something...
I think Microsoft had no choice.  Lots of people were burned by Windows 8, resulting in many downright refusing to upgrade from their Windows 7 system.  So from Microsoft's perspective, the only way to get anyone past Windows 7 would be to make Windows 10 "free" and reverting back as much as possible the features and GUI that made Windows 7 & XP so popular.Windows 10 I think is really going to be the make-it-or-break-it moment for Microsoft.  It really better be an...