or Connect

Posts by sflocal

You're old-school (as am I).  Yeah, in the old days when laptops were glorified calculators, real work was done on desktop PC's.Nowadays, a "Workstation" has evolved to a device that performs one's actual "work", being an Excel document, Photoshop, or CAD work.  It's pretty much a generic terms now I think.I suppose for us older folks, a "workstation" is still something like a Mac Pro.
I came close to buying the 5K iMac to replace my aging 2009 model.  I just felt it was let out of the oven a bit too soon.  I wouldn't mind using my old iMac as an external monitor alongside the new iMac.  They way they got the current Thunderbolt spec to run on 5K - while impressive - seemed more a bandaid approach until the new Thunderbolt spec would arrive alongside Skylake. I see that 5K iMac at the store on those occasions I walk in, and it's a beautiful piece of...
I agree with you that ApplePay is not 100% fool-proof.  What is better about it compared to the other "solutions" is that the only two parties that have your Credit Card info is your bank and Apple.I'm not sure how often credit card data is hacked at banks.  I haven't heard anything about that.  It probably happens, albeit nowhere near the level of incompetence that stores like Target display.If my iPhone gets stolen, TouchID will keep it locked-down until I can wipe-it...
No it is not.  This is the problem with adults nowadays.  They find every excuse to come up with that puts them in the right when it's obvious it is wrong.  They just don't fess-up and admit it.This is a classic example of "You know it when you see it."Stop fiddling with your gadgets in the car.  Period.  The moment you take your eyes off the road to look wherever on your person or phone, you endanger others.Every day I ride my motorcycle to the office (26-miles one way)...
The reality is no retail establishment like Target and Home depot can be trusted at all to keep customer financial data secure.  No matter how many times they thump their chests and claim that "security is important", they just do not have the technical capabilities to pull it off.  Third-party providers aren't worth jack either.ApplePay on the other hand, has the potential to really eliminate credit card fraud for good.  Apple has the chops to handle the technical...
Can you post a pic with one watch on each wrist so we can see Brlawyer having another temper-tantrum?
And here we go again.  Resident whiner getting on his soapbox blowing his usual trolling rhetoric.  There is no "evidence" to substantiate your nonsense.  What you are doing is trying to pass of your hatred as fact.  It's obvious you have a chip on your shoulder and will try passing whatever nonsense you fabricate as truth.Go away and keep BF company. 
Yeah... you're absolutely right.  We should be telling other people what to do with their money.  I demand you spend all your money beyond paying for food and water to those less fortunate than you. I don't know the guy.  I don't care what he does with his money, or whether he got it from daddy.  I wouldn't want someone like you barking at me to spend my money the way you want, so why should I tell anyone, including a spoiled brat-billionare, what to do with his?  What he...
You should know... you blazed a trail for them.  You hated the watch since it has been whispered, preaching how no one would want such an ugly thing, and now that you've been proven wrong on so many levels, you now flip-flop and resort to calling those happy consumers "idiots".  Well played... no one will ever catch that subtle little remark. /s
"Virtual riot"?? Really?  Please AI, enlighten us why this even remotely qualifies as news because a bunch of whiny folks have problems with some rich guy strapping his pricey bling on a dog?  He didn't "buy" those watches for his dog, but simply put them on it for a humor.  It's obviously his watch and someone else's.Jeez... we know there are starving kids in China, slave labor in Apple sweatshops but in the end it's his money to spend it as he see's fit.