or Connect

Posts by sflocal

I think you mean one would use the iOS Starbucks app to pay right?It wasn't necessarily Starbuck's fault, but their app has been in the news lately, and not in a flattering way due to people hacking into users' Starbucks rewards accounts and stealing money.  I have zero desire to use their app.  When (if) ApplePay comes to Starbucks, they'll get more of my business.  Until then, it's good-ole-fashioned cash for me.
I'm rather amazed that the store is as huge as it is.  It's not like Apple has a gigantic product-line to warrant such a massive store.  I guess in this case the store being in Dubai, it's more about presentation. Beautiful store though.
A beautifully shot video.  It's amazing how much videography has progressed to the point of being able to hold that same device in the palm of your hand.  It's this kind of quality that Samsung can never copy.
Apple could easily make a "cheap" phone and take the hit for a year if it wanted.  Apple is smart enough to know that it's not just the iPhone, but it's ecosystem.  A cheap phone would get them in the door but honestly, folks buying free/cheap Android phones probably aren't at the income-level or have the disposable income anyways.  
What I find interesting in that all the time Android had their smartwatches around, NO ONE gave it any serious thought whatsoever.  Apple watch just gets introduced, and folks are paying attention to it and ideas are coming out from it.Why is Android watches stillborn?  Because they're crap.  Period.  Everyone, except for Fandroids, know Android watches are barely any more useable than a standard analog watch.  Fandroids will simply revert to their tired and worn-out...
  Wait at the corner down the street for the waaaaaaaahmbulance. 
I'm waiting to buy the new iMac with the Skylake CPU.  Can I rant and blame Apple for bungling this even though I know it's actually Intel's fault for being so far behind?  No, I prefer to be patient and understanding of the circumstances and I will not whine about first-world problems.  The watch is a brand new category.  Of course, Apple is going to have issues getting a gazillion of them shipped out.  What will happen is that this will be a distant memory soon, and...
The headline should read "Hundreds of Argentinian officers get new iPhones". I'll bet many of those officers decided to keep some of that stash to themselves. As long as countries and their lopsided protectionism tax laws stay in place, there will always be enterprising smugglers doing whatever it takes to get products into the hands of enthusiastic buyers. The demand is there Argentina. Maybe this is the canary in the tunnel?
What's is going to happen are idiots (they call themselves "testers") that will casually walk into an Apple store, pretend to be ignorant about everything, play stupid and just say "uhm... duh... it just stopped working.  Not cool.  It doesn't pick up my voice... no speaker..."The first question an Apple-rep will ask is "Has it been submerged in water?" which of course they will LIE and say "uh... no way man".Seals will have some kind of residue.  Salt water will...
Even dedicated diving components like dive computers and dive watches have to be serviced every couple years, and warranties will not be valid if it is not brought during its recommended schedules.  That service not only includes the changing of the battery, but also any and all seals/o-rings that have any contact with water. Apple warns not putting it in water.  I can understand that.  It's completely obvious that there are people out there just itching to find a way to...