or Connect

Posts by sflocal

why your infatuation with Discover?
When ApplePay kicks into full overdrive, I'm really interested in hearing how it affects credit-card fraud.  The secure token-based model, TouchID should make the hijacking of credit-card information a thing of the past for the most part. This is great news.
Apple building its own car just doesn't sound right to me.  I don't see Apple getting into that segment. What I do see is Apple providing technology - besides CarPlay - that gets incorporated into cars.  This could be a central media/technology dashboard, OS, package, whatever that takes integration to the next level. A smart dashboard/display doing away with analog-type gauges.  User-configurable panels?   Personal Automotive Network (PAN)?  Perhaps even some tech to...
What's really pathetic is how Google and Fandroids were hyping (i.e. "Bullish!tting) GoogleWallet and with years of a head start, accomplished squat. Here comes Apple once again showing these idiots how it's done, and done right and the Fandroid community once again scurries to the corner of a room and hope no one calls them out on their idiocy. ApplePay is a great system, is easy to use, and has rock-solid security and does everything and anything to make sure that no...
Apple has plenty of "competition".  They just keep falling flat on their face from ineptness and stupidity.  You want lower prices and the crap that goes along with it, buy Android.  You get what you pay for.Apple is doing just fine selling their products at prices that have been shown and proven that customers would pay for.  Go cry elsewhere.
but...but...but... Android is....aww.. forget it... :)
Nah... they were ultrabooks.  Intel purposely used the Macbook Air as a template of what they should look like.  Shameless really.Netbooks were already dying on the vine right around the time the 1st-gen MBA came out no?  I still remember quite a few a$$hats on this forum years back clamoring how netbooks were going to overtake the industry, resulting the yet another "Apple is doomed" scenario.
No... people aren't into sh!t like AndroidWear and to a lesser extent, Pebbles.  As has been shown time and time again, the industry will basically fling everything they have at the wall in the hopes something sticks, only to have Apple show everyone how it's done right.Then... trolls like you will have a 2nd-comeback-line, change your tune and then somehow the entire industry "naturally evolved" to the next logical step... of course, after having everyone's R&D department...
I park at the 5th & Mission (Metreon) garage often.  I wouldn't leave so much as a gum wrapper visible in my car let alone an iPad for fear it would give a would-be thief a reason to break the window.  You're sh!t out of luck because it should not have been in there to begin with, or placed in something that would be visible to a thief.  Besides, an iPad without an internet connection is for the most part useless.  The thief probably trashed it somewhere.  It's not like...
Any idea what alias Tekstud is using now? I remember him clearly falling into that description.