or Connect

Posts by sflocal

Oh great... that's just what we need. It's bad enough that pedestrians have to worry about distracted car drivers looking/texting on their cellphones. Now, we have to worry about getting hit by skateboarders doing the exact same thing. Honestly, some ideas really need to get the rubber-stamp "R E J E C T E D".
I have a 2009 iMac too.  It was a B.T.O. quad-core i7.  About 8 months ago, I replaced my original 1TB hard drive with a 1TB SSD Samsung EVO840, which essentially turned it into a new machine and it is a serious screamer.  Even with that, my iMac is beginning to show its age with the occasional creaky fan noise and other (very, very minor) annoyances probably due to its age and condition.My business partner picked up his new iMac a couple months ago, and even though I was...
So it's a glorified (and expensive) version of their craptastic Kindle Fire, optimized for the only real intent of getting you to buy more stuff from Amazon.  Great. Like all the other non-iOS offerings, it will come out with tons of fanfare, then they will realize that it's simply another example of lipstick-on-a-pig, the OS will rarely get any updates, and when it does it will not work, or be even more unstable... and then people will continue to wonder why iOS...
Mr. Kardashian should stick to what he does best.... uhm... anyone know what that might be??
Funny article DED.  NYT is becoming the next Gizmodo of being banned.
Apple will inform me my blood pressure is too high. Google will inform me my blood pressure is too high, then proceed to recommend various elixirs and cure-alls by the recommended ad-sponsors, and every website I visit will have strategically inserted ads about said blood pressure. This will be yet another quickie project for Google that will forever remain in beta. Just wait and see. No thanks.
Ah... better.  I'm totally up on using a Mac Pro as a renderer/compiler, but more as an individual workstation, or maybe on the bigger side of say a science center where they link up a bunch of Mac Pros to do some serious modeling.I think it would make a great VM server, running a bunch of Windows Server Instances, or whatever else.  Sure, one can build a linux box, or whatever else, but one cannot beat Apple's hardware quality and support.For general OSX server needs...
I'm curious Solips.  What type of network services are you requiring in order to use such a high-horspower box for a 10-person shop?  Are you running several virtual machines on it?  If it's basic network services, I would think even a BTO mac mini (or two) would suffice.
Eh??  I hope it comes with a disinfectant wipe.... Spellcheck AI??? 
Your cluelessness means I will stop at this point in wasting any effort to reply your post.  Get schooled.