or Connect

Posts by sflocal

The chromebookes used in my 13y/o nephew's school system has been a disaster. My nephew always approaches me to help me diagnose/fix his chromebook, resolve WiFi connectivity issues, and spends more time getting fixed (under warranty) than he gets to use it. Is this what the school system thinks is "useful"?
I don't see how it would be.  Samsung could do the exact same thing, copy the new iPhone again, litigate it in the court system for the next few years - just like they did before - and by 2018 (four years later) it won't matter.
Samsung fuckers.  They are doing exactly what they hoped, and that is to litigate their violations to death, tie it up in the slow court systems until it's no longer relevant, pay $.05 on the dollar for court costs as write it off as the cost of doing business, and sing at the bank. Assholes.
To think they do $20 BILLION in sales, and still not make any money.  That just boggles the mind. They should have went the way of Pets.com and Webvan ages ago.  This is a sham of a company.  Amazing they can still stay in business.
I can tell you right now, that after my 25+ years of programming experience... just because you can hold a hammer, most will have no business building houses with it.I suspect we'll see the emergence of more "I am rich" crap apps, and weekend wannabe coders suddenly proclaiming themselves to be software engineers because they were able to compile a "Hello World" example. 
This was one of those rare times I didn't immediately install a firmware update.  My 2011-MBA will remain in its current, useable state until this issue is resolved. This is one area that I think Apple is really dropping the ball on.  It seems (to me at least) that the quality of their updates have been lacking lately.  This does not help.   On the flip side, the last update for the iMac did clear up an irritating sleep/awake issue finally.
If there is any saturation on the "high-end", it will probably be from consumers deciding the 5c was at that right price-point to get an Apple phone, as opposed to buying that Samsung crap.
I'll gladly volunteer to do the obligatory "But..but..but... the iHating anti-5c trolls said it was supposed to be a complete flop!"
I don't follow Basketball, but I was surprised to discover that Kobe never went to college.  He obviously did very well in the NBA, but if he wants to get into some serious post-NBA business dealings, he should at least take some time off and get serious about honing his business-skills.A college-degree does not guarantee prevent one from being stupid.  History has shown many high-earners with college degrees getting swindled by their financial advisers because they just...
The iPad being the the highest-priced tablet, has the most Internet usage. The Kindle-fire, being the tablet that has to be sold at a loss to this day to make a dent, beat another tablet that Samsung says sells well, only to be proven in court that they were lying all along. Hmmm....