or Connect

Posts by sflocal

Yep... all the Internet Armchair Aquatic experts are out in full-force here.  People complain that the Apple watch isn't rated for anything more than a splash in the water. Now wait!!  Now, those whiners are complaining that 1200 meters of swimming, platform jumps and 40-meter pressure ratings is "no big deal". Trolls are out, and as usual... the mods aren't.  
but...but... Fandroids said... Never mind...
 The Australian government passes tax laws that companies have to abide by.  So how is it even remotely legal on any-level that a government can now come back and fine a company for using tax laws / loopholes?  They did nothing wrong?Ah right... election year must be coming.  Politicians have to fluff their feathers.
Then you'll be waiting until the cows come home.  Apple doesn't look back, and I'm glad they don't.  You're much on rant, little on substance.  The OS upgrades are fine, a huge, major majority of consumers have zero problem with it.  So maybe you should go back to washing your Gran Torino and complaining about people stepping on your lawn.
Scummy little scalpers bragging about taking.  Legal or not, says a lot about their character.  "Douchebags" is front-and-center for these kids. Even with that, the demand is pretty amazing considering the doomsday scenarios spewed by a couple sad now-banned trolls.... which still come and read the news that prove just how ignorant and clueless they really are.
I doubt it.  Consider those tons of Chinese knockoff iPhone/iPad chargers and cables.  They look like the real thing, yet have been proven time-and-time again to be an electrical hazard, blow iPhone batteries, set fire to cables, etc...  Apple even offered to replace those knockoff chargers with Apple-certified ones to end the bad press back then... name another company that would do that?And then there will be those people that will complain - as they always do about...
It hasn't stopped the flood of cheap Chinese junk before.  Will a consumer buying a $2 knockoff wristband result in their watch catching fire and burning their wrist off?
Yep... Sadly, the media (including AI) would make a change in bathroom tile colors for Apple's headquarters front-page news, making it sound like Apple hates people that like white tile... 
So basically, The Journal has zero clue but wants to spin it for the sake of web clicks?As far as I'm concerned, a project of this magnitude has been planned since day one.  *yawn*
I suspect Apple is just trying to get the Watch out the door and on many wrists as possible before officially opening up that port.  It certainly would expand the possibilities of (imho) 3rd party add-ons, possibly in the medical field. Imagine going to the doctor, and them handing you some kind of special medical wristband to monitor vital signs in addition to what the Watch does?  Dunno... possible? Either way, with the possibilities there, expect the Samsungs of the...