or Connect

Posts by sflocal

It's not like you had any credibility to begin with, but what's really sad is that when you have zero of anything to stand on, you (and all the shills/trolls) play the Prada-card that has been debunked on so many levels and shredded... just because you have nothing left.Buzz off.
Skylake is where it's at for me. With the updated TB3, USBc, and new CPU on the horizon, there is zero incentive for me to upgrade my iMac right now. Looking forward to finally upgrading my trusty 2009!
Yeah!! Because we'd rather Apple put out a product before it's ready!! /sSeriously... I waiting for the new one as well and hoping it is what I need to finally cut the cord.  However, I know that it would have to involve other players outside of Apple - like the media conglomerates - and agreements be set in place to allow ATV to be the one-stop hub for modern TV streaming.So don't get your tighty-whities all in a bunch.  I'd rather wait for everything to be polished, than...
VMware handles all the drivers necessary to run it as a virtual machine.  As I understand it, with Bootcamp, Apple has to develop the drivers to make it work natively on a Mac.  Didn't Apple recently announce that it was not going to discontinue development of drivers for Windows 7 under Bootcamp?  Only Windows 8x will be supported on new Macs?
Can you be specific?  I connect my rMBP to my Thunderbolt display every day at the office with zero problems in Windows.  USB devices work just fine.If you're querying about a TB-NAS server, I can't say since I don't have one.  What I do know is that any disk storage system that is viewable/accessable in OSX can also be set up to be "seen" by VMware.  I simply "share" the device via a panel in VMware and it appears as a network folder in Windows.  I do that all the time...
I can't comment on using Parallels.  I use VMware Fusion since it's the gold standard for virtualization.  Been using it dependably for seven years.  As long as it is not used as a "gaming PC", I find the performance on-par with dedicated Wintel PC's.  I use it to run/test all platforms from Windows XP to Windows 10, and also Windows Server 2012, and all the enterprise software packages for those systems.  At times I run up to four VM's on my iMac when testing and...
For anyone with half a brain and does actual work, the decision (a mac) is a obvious.  Pity the uninformed that choose a Wintel machine. Besides, that shiny new Macbook makes a great Windows machine too.  I should know, I've been running Windows on my Macs since it came with Intel CPU's.  So a mac gives you the solid stability and usefulness of OSX, and the ability to run Windows if you feel the need to lower your IQ.
You're old-school (as am I).  Yeah, in the old days when laptops were glorified calculators, real work was done on desktop PC's.Nowadays, a "Workstation" has evolved to a device that performs one's actual "work", being an Excel document, Photoshop, or CAD work.  It's pretty much a generic terms now I think.I suppose for us older folks, a "workstation" is still something like a Mac Pro.
I came close to buying the 5K iMac to replace my aging 2009 model.  I just felt it was let out of the oven a bit too soon.  I wouldn't mind using my old iMac as an external monitor alongside the new iMac.  They way they got the current Thunderbolt spec to run on 5K - while impressive - seemed more a bandaid approach until the new Thunderbolt spec would arrive alongside Skylake. I see that 5K iMac at the store on those occasions I walk in, and it's a beautiful piece of...
I agree with you that ApplePay is not 100% fool-proof.  What is better about it compared to the other "solutions" is that the only two parties that have your Credit Card info is your bank and Apple.I'm not sure how often credit card data is hacked at banks.  I haven't heard anything about that.  It probably happens, albeit nowhere near the level of incompetence that stores like Target display.If my iPhone gets stolen, TouchID will keep it locked-down until I can wipe-it...