or Connect

Posts by sflocal

"It may be true there aren't" = yes, it IS true.This just goes back to the original post.  That guy makes it sound that there are lenses specifically designed for high-megapixel cameras and that is flat-out wrong.  He's posting nonsense and trying to pass it off as fact.New lenses are always (usually) an improvement over the old.  That is just regular product evolution.  It has nothing to do with the pixel-count of the sensor.  If they're able to improve the lenses, AF,...
Forget that... I'm waiting for 16K displays for my future 2027 MBA. 8K is so 2016's for me... :/
 Sure... because in every scenario you just wait until the subject is in a perfect position and time given whatever gear/lens you're using so you never have to crop anything out.I hope to be a master photographer like you man!  /s
I rented the 70-200 f/2.8 a few months ago to photograph an event ( I work at the Reno Air Races), and to consider purchasing one of my own.  It was an incredible lens. Super sharp and fast.  It's one of the lenses on my to-buy list.  I just don't have a huge need for it at the moment.I'm renting the 24-70mm f2.8 USM II in a couple days to do an indoor photoshoot.  This will be the next lens I will purchase and want to try it out in a real setting.My photography up until...
I read comments from photographer sites that ridicule the 5DS for its monster pixel count.  Frankly, I think those that do that are simply wannabe photographers and self-annointed "know-it-alls" like most Fandrdoids that don't really understand what the end-use is for a camera like this.I think if Canon came out with the 5DM4, along with these two cameras at the same time there wouldn't be as much static going on.
 Over much chagrin with my fellow photographers, I only buy the L lenses.  Sure, they are a lot pricier, but they are built like tanks and the optical quality is always the best.... usually.Yeah, there are lower-cost alternatives like Tamron and even Canon's own non-L lenses, but honestly for me, my lenses will be the only lenses I will need, they will hold their value, and they are heirlooms as far as I'm concerned.  I can always be sure that the lenses will perform...
The 5DMIII and 1D both use the exact same sensor chip.   It's the other internals that differentiate between the two.  The 5DMIII is a fantastic camera for sports and wildlife.  It just doesn't have the faster frames-per-second of the 1DX camera, but it's still pretty good. Both the 7DM2 and 5DS have a pixel sizes of 4.1.  The 5D just has a larger sensor.
I own a Canon 5DM3 and I do tons of photography with it.  There is no such thing (to my knowledge) of an "MKIII lens vs an MKII lens."  The mount is the same.  The speed of the AF has nothing to do with what the original poster is saying.  He is saying there are lenses designed for high-megapixel sensors which to me is a not true.
I've come across a few posters claiming similar things, yet have not read one iota of official, professional, tested opinions from more established reviewers and/or manufacturers.Please clarify what it means to have an SLR lens be "designed" for higher MP sensors?  It's light traveling through a glass lens.  It's all analog.  The only thing I can "imagine" maybe is the glass lenses themselves being of some sort of higher quality... but when I read from people that there...
The 50MP is great if you're a photographer that does a lot of cropping.  So even if you remove half the image, your subject still has a enough resolution to blow up.A 24MP sensor with larger pixels to collect light certainly would result in a better, warmer image.  That's why for now, I'm sticking with my Canon 5DMIII dSLR.  I'm still amazed to has incredible the photographs are from my camera.I'm waiting for what Canon does with the 5DMIV model.  I think it will have a...