or Connect

Posts by sflocal

You're assuming that the cheap, Chinese knockoffs and the crappy (probably Android) OS running on it will be mistaken for an Apple Watch?  Really?
You never really "own" your house.  There's a little thing called "property taxes" that you still have to pay.  My house is paid in full, yet I still get that bill.  Property taxes (especially where I live in SF) is practically a never-ending mortgage payment for many.So rent or own?  You're still paying to someone.
The new Lightroom is available as a standalone.  $149. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1140015-REG/adobe_65237402_photoshop_lightroom_6_download.html
A brand-new user license (not upgrade, or student edition) was going to run me $1,500.00.  I gave up trying to find someone that could get it for me at some discount, or buying some outdated version off of craigslist.  So it was going to cost a penny.  $50/mo is for the entire suite.  $10/mo is for PS and LR which is what most people will use.  It's a deal.Even if LR could be had for for $200... that's still a couple years, and most folks will rinse-and-repeat and buy the...
Oh please.. get off your milk carton Mr. Preacher.They do not hold your work or data hostage.  That's flat-out nonsense propaganda you're making up.  I should know.  My data and files all reside on my workstation.  I don't have to save my work to their cloud service.  Nice of you to "conveniently" leave that part out.Even if I stop paying for the subscription, Photoshop continues to work, it just reverts to read-only so my files still work.So get off your "Slavery"...
Photoshop was too expensive for me to buy outright a couple years back.  I don't recall the amount but $1,500+ was what I was looking at.  At $10/mo it would take 13-14 years to pay that.  Lightroom is just a scaled-back version of PS that's geared mainly to photography.  I use both packages constantly.  That area changes a lot over time so yeah, I still think it's a deal.  I don't want to be "stuck" with an old version of PS or LR that doesn't have support for a new lens...
 I had your exact same mentality six months ago.  Then I tried it after Apple discontinued Aperture and I became a believer of the concept.  When it comes to very expensive software like Photoshop, having both PS and LR together for $9/mo was a no brainer in the long term.  It would take 10+ years for me to pay the amount for one license of Photoshop, if not longer.  This way, I'm always current.  The math just worked better for me.  For heavy-duty applications like PS,...
Ya know... I can always count on you to pretty much say anything and everything in a thread.  Most of the time, I find your direct and blunt posts as entertaining.  This is one time... and I think the first from me... where I/we kindly ask for you to take a chill-pill buddy.  I think you're the only person that is getting bent out of shape that Apple is doing this with A-1 celebrities and for some reason, you're getting your tighty-whities in a wedgie.  This isn't any...
"Trust you"?  I wouldn't trust some anonymous Internet person any more than I would trust a Fandroid to speak the truth.Post a substantiated proof that they are being paid, or take a hike.
No... because then Apple would count them as "Sold". :)