or Connect

Posts by sflocal

I think you don't put enough value on MS-Office.  iWork is barely useable for our enterprise Excel worksheets, more specifically the page and cell formatting does not translate well. Apple would love to have MS-Office for iOS.  It's a win-win for both sides.  I think it's just an ego issue for Microsoft to put it out in the App store. 
I know it won't happen but Motorola should be fined for trying to pull that stunt.  Pay all the attorney fees and extra for being such a dumba$$. However, it does bring me great joy that the judge pissed in the Fandroid's pool. :)
Not just that, but people that purposely put out misleading information out on the Internet and try to claim it as fact should be outed and plastered all over the Internet too as the lying idiots they are. This is not the same as what Apple (supposedly) does when creating false prototypes to flush out internal leaks, so don't try spinning my story.
Hmmm.... methink this "agreement" might have some fine-print about porting MS-Office to iOS???  
They're not. Pathetic hypocrites aren't even showing the stories. Guess they don't want pie on their faces. As usual, they are proven wrong on so many levels, then simply turn their heads in the other direction and hope nobody notices them.
If you really believe what you're saying, then I have a bridge I want to sell you.
Hyundai is not too far off with the way they are copying Mercedes Benz's style.  Since there are tons of people that decide solely on price and price alone, who knows if someone will buy a $10K Hyundai thinking it's just like a Mercedes.  
  UPS Batteries go bad after a couple years.  While the concept is sound, the reality is most would not want to take their iMacs in to replace a battery.  UPS's are fine.  Unfortunately, most people aren't aware of what they even are outside of the package-shipping company.
It's only a matter of time.  One less thing to go wrong on the machine.  Just like the floppy disk, legacy ports, etc.  Sure, there will be the 1% that will (as usual) resist change but it's nice that Apple is the one that sets the trail, even if it is a bumpy one at first. I can count the number of times I've used the CD drive on my 2009 iMac.  That's how little I use it.  I have an external drive for my MBA and that has been used less than a handful of times, and...
  My 2009 i7 iMac had its first system freeze ever.  I'm about 3-days into ML.  However, mine is the reverse.  The mouse and keyboard stopped responding, but it seemed the machine itself kept running.  I considered that the BT keyboard and mouse may have lost the connection, but it still remained unresponsive after I plugged in my original iMac wired keyboard. I ended up doing a clean re-install of ML instead of upgrading from Lion.  I like clean systems.  Other than...