or Connect

Posts by sflocal

A "popular fountain sculpture"?? According to whom? I'm over here several times a week. It's not "popular". I avoid that particular corner simply because of the panhandlers and homeless folks that my beloved city prefers to cater to instead of those that actually pay taxes. That corner is an eyesore. It's no wonder the Mayor was so ecstatic to have an Apple store there. I'll gladly take that compared to what's there right now. It irks the heck out of me when...
<* would answer but my IQ would drop *>   Solips... just let it go.  Me no theenk he can kuhmpyoot.  :)
It's taking a lot longer than it should, but I'm so hoping that Samsung gets the hammer dropped - full speed- on its skull.  Samsung is simply milking the thefts that it did, making billions of dollars off of it knowing the speed at which the court system travels, and in the end will gamble that it will have to pay a piddly fine, then rinse and repeat.
I agree that Intel needs to get its head out of its backside and start pushing TB.  I also think that Intel/Apple is setting up TB for the long haul. Now, as far as specs go, they are great for those that focus merely on specs and nothing else... For the mass market though, I look at TB more as a general-purpose high-speed dataport.  I think we still need more time for the market to figure out how to best utilize it.  Apple is doing a great job with it.  The PC folks...
Great... this guy's back.. Do have any clue what the current TB setup does now??  There's barely anything out there (affordability-wise) than can saturate it already, let alone what will be available in three years.  Are you even remotely serious with your comment?
Funny, this guy thinks he knows what's going on.Thunderbolt on my MBA alongside my LED monitor is an awesome combo. Target-mode via Thunderbolt can't be matched, and better things to come.Maybe you should try using it before trashing it. When USB3 is outdated, TB will still be there, using the same port and be more future-proof than USB. USB in itself is necessary, but TB will always be one-level above it. It's not CPU intensive like USB is. Of course, you already...
Sadly, AppleInsider is becoming less relevant to me as a source of Apple news.  Keep it up AI.  You're going to start bleeding long-term members if you continue transforming yourself to AndroidInsider/SamsungInsider.  You can try spinning it however you wish, but the reality is you're grabbing your ankles and letting the iHaters and trolls guide your direction.
I agree. Is AI that desperate for web hits that they would post what is essentially a full article about a competitor, having nothing to do with Apple?? They should be ashamed of themselves.
The whiners and trolls are out in full force in this thread.  Had anyone spent more than a one-line reading of what goes on here, they would have known that my discussion was pointed at those that need a change because they are "bored", or that they want change for the sake of changing. Apple takes time to get things as close to polished as possible when they come out with new features.  They don't put things out there for the sake of it.  They try to put as much thought...
iOS being "stale" is just those ADHD-afflicted tech-heads and whiners that need a visual-change every 10 minutes.  Nothing can keep their interest or attention for any decent amount of time. iOS is efficient, stable, and polished, and gets the job done.  Apple will tweak, address, and resolve issues like they're always good at doing.  I'm happy with the progress they have made, and trust that they will (usually) do the right thing when that time arrives. These...