or Connect

Posts by shard

Some people are saying that they know alot of die hard Apple fans and yet they don't own the Apple Watch. Lets look at it from another angle. Some people I know own more than one Apple Watch, some a few because it is a fashion accessory after all and you need it to match your outfits. They do often complain that you can't pair more than one Apple Watch with an iPhone. You need to unpair before pairing another which can be a hassle when you have multiple Apple Watches.
People need to think... The fact that the Apple Watch was sold out and had a long waiting period means they outsold Apple's expectations by quite a fair bit. All the talk about production constraint etc is just talk.   Now lets be logical for a minute. Not every one wears a watch, not everyone who wears a watch will wear a digital watch and not everyone who wears a digital watch will wear a smart watch etc. Plus you need a newer model iPhone to even get the Apple Watch...
Apple decided a few years ago not to play the numbers game because they can't win. Even if they post record profit but miss sales by only 1 unit, the stock will tank and there will be a bunch of doom and gloom posts that will lead to the stock tanking even more for no good reason. A perfect example will be amazing profit, more than estimates but because the real number sold missed some idiot's dream scenario, the stock tanked. Apple therefore decided to lump all their...
To be very fair, it is alot easier to develop for iOS first and then Android.   1. There is alot less testing needed because you don't have thousands of device with different specs, versions of OS etc. 2. You don't need to cater to the lowest common denominator. 3. iOS users are more willing to pay for an app/game.   It just takes less work to launch it on iOS,  judge the success and then decide if it is worth it to develop it for Android.
It is simple, they tried to profit off it and Apple stopped them.
 Porsche maybe the exception. They have a department whose sole purpose is to maintain and update old Porsches. In fact they have recently released a new in dash navigation/entertainment system that is compatible all the way back to the original 911.
If you have been to China you will realize that 90% of local retailers are cash only. Even if they do accept credit card payment, it is UnionPay and they have maybe one counter per floor or even one counter per mall that is able to process credit cards. China also has their own payment systems in place that make it very easy to transfer money from one individual to another.
 I was unclear in my initial post. I meant to differentiate between preorders to be delivered and in store pickups.
 The Rolex IS a relic! Having said that, my dad left me a Rolex Explorer 2, the watch is now about 27 years old. It is still working today without any servicing. I hope to leave it to one of my kids. Having said that, I ordered the Apple Watch and my biggest fear is that it becomes indispensable and I won't want to wear the Rolex anymore and none of my kids will want it except to sell it.
 They sold out, any cancellations because of "double ordering" will be taken up in a blink.