or Connect

Posts by shard

So someone breaks into my house, violates me and steals my possessions and when he is caught, he gets to tell me how much my stuff is worth?
I really don't understand why the analysts keep pushing for an "Apple TV" when Apple can just give away a hockey puck sized device and make almost every single television an "Apple TV".
The ipad will replace the existing entertainment/nav/climate control/etc controls and buttons that is normally in the center console. It will save the manufacturer a ton of money.
I am not sure why the car manufacturers just won't stick an iPad in the car. It should quite easily replace the existing entertainment system, climate control, navigation system etc.
Icahn is not wrong and his request is not unreasonable. Unfortunately he does not have Apple's long term interest at heart.
To do a bigger stock buy back, Apple needs to go into debt to finance it because it does not really have access to the 150 billion dollars in cash every one keeps talking about. Every one keeps talking about how much money Apple has but they are leaving out the most important point. Most of the money is not in the US. To bring it back will incur huge losses because of taxes. What happens when the economy turns ugly and Apple is in debt with no quick access to cash...
Speed, images captured per second are just specs and numbers. What about the image quality? I mean, yay! App xyz can capture 100 frames a second! But the images all suck. Anyway, we will probably never know why Apple bought SnappyLabs over another. Could actually be because it is a one man shop with only one app. They therefore don't need to pay more for extra baggage they don't need.
Most are assuming Apple bought SnappyCam for SnappyCam, what if it is the next thing that John Papandriopoulos was working on? Some one as brilliant as he is, will most likely have started work on something else right after he finished SnappyCam.
"Supply shortage" or "Overwhelming demand"?
Oh wait, was it not reported by analysts that Apple cut orders for the 5C because it was not selling well. Now they are reporting that Apple is adding suppliers to meet demand? I always assumed most people know the saying, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Apparently some have not.