or Connect

Posts by JRC

Did anyone see MAD TV's recent parody of Andy Sipowiz? I just happened to be surfing and stopped there. It was VERY funny. I played the 'multiple dead partners' and 'worst luck' angles up heavily. Hilarious.
I love this place! Favorite AI idiosyncrasies: 1.) Forums always going down before big news/shows 2.) Huge spans of time between stories followed by a rapid-fire succession of stories (repeat) 3.) Alterations/pullings of stories per outside influences. (e.g. - Apple Legal) 4.) Ironic fueling of rumors (e.g.-hosting forums which give rise to KimKapSol, WorkerBee, Dorsal) but which in turn causes Apple to plug the leaks, which in turn leads to cessation of rumor...
I personally wouldn't pay $99 for an iPod for its PRIMARY use. As a FW HD, perhaps I would. But, not for just the music capability I wouldn't. Who can afford 1,000 songs nowadays? I remember when CDs came out in 83 while at McCutcheon hall with a friend who just got his new Yamaha (remote-less) player for $500. CDs were starting out at about $13 - 15 IIRC. That was about equal to the good high-quality vinyl being put out at that time. BUT, the promise was that CDs...
[quote]Originally posted by Strider: I am not going to say anyhting about cloning but I do want to say somthing else to JRC. I applaud your descion on your baby. I look up to you now. Strider
I appreciate your reply. When we received the first word about that, it was really like a huge punch in the stomach. It just took our breath away. But, it only took, literally, a few seconds to know what we were going to do. It just reinforced in me...
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene: I don't see anything wrong with his paintings. There are so many...there's bound to be one I like and one I dislike. What's wrong with him that you'd hate him so? Is it the fact that his art is mass produced? I don't know about you but I'd reather see a common picture or painting in a living room than an empty white wall. He can't paint better than I can, and I don't see this lack of passion or lack of dynamism that you're...
[quote]Originally posted by Nordstrodamus: So in answer to question #3 you would let your daughter die even if you could cure her with cloning and not destroying any human embryos? I'm a little thrown by the ordinary comment since at one time every medical technique was new. You sound like someone who truly appreciates the joys of having a baby. If you don't mind could you tell me if you would object to less fortunate, inftertile couples using IVF (i.e. would...
[quote]Originally posted by Nordstrodamus: I'm glad to hear things turned out good. What was the name of the defect if I might ask? I take it from your answers that you wouldn't even use the chimp embryos even if the technique never resulted in a viable human embryo and your daughter (the very same one that you love right now) would definately die. (Here I'm presuming that you believe there might actually be some condition for which hope alone might not...
[quote] Question 1: You and your spouse have fertility problems.
For the three distinct times we've tried, it worked. Not span of time/trying. So, not an issue for me. [quote] Question 2:
Again, not an issue. I wouldn't do IVF anyway. [quote] Question 3: Let's say you (or your spouse) goes to term this time. You have a beautiful daughter who at the age of 12 is exposed to a toxic agent which requires a transplant with a...
EVERYONE should know the difference between it's and its !!!! (Just don't ask Clinton) Now, typing it correctly is another thing.
I like his stuff and his enterprising attitude. I'm sure he generates a lot of tax revenue that goes to many worthy causes like better roads to drive my SUV on. But art pretty much is way down their on my list to give a crap about.