or Connect

Posts by spikeme

Disclaimer: I don't fully understand what has happened so please excuse the bad explanation.    Background I had two apple ID accounts; X@yahoo.com & Y@me.com. And I have used the yahoo account now for 6 or so years now mainly for iTunes and more recently the Mac App Store. However when I got an iPhone I signed up to mobileme so I could have the Find My iPhone feature, but I continued to use my X@yahoo.com account to buy music and apps. However once iCloud came out...
Digital App Store After seeing the new MacBook Air, what chance do you think we have of the CD drive being dropped out of the MBP in favor of some battery power or more space for new goodies ??
@wizard69 wow i never realized that the states were that behind in terms on bandwidth, but just out if interest, how much would it cost roughly per month for a cable line internet only say around 20Mb/s. Living in london I pay just over 250 pounds which is about 390 US a year, which for me is reasonable as I use it for streaming bbc iplayer and as my house phone line (skype) and itunes etc. but just saw this link as well,...
wow that is slow I know the UK definitely isn't 12 MB/s all the way through the country but I hope the UK's average is faster than 1.5. In london I am current on a "Up to 20 Mb/s" plan which I may get if I was sitting in front of my WiFi router or plugged in on a LAN cable, but I can upgrade to a "Up to 50 Mb/s" plan which a few of my friends have, and they tell me it is pretty close to 40 Mb/s for most of the time. But wow I didn't realize there was such a big...
@wizard69 Totally agree with you about the App Store update for Mac, would make the whole keeping up to date alot easier. And screen reflection, yes that is my fault for sitting in bad places. But I do try to avoid it, but sometimes it really is unavoidable and it becomes almost impossible to see documents. But next MBP I will be getting the Anti-glare screen so really I should stop complaining about the glass cause I know some people love them. But just out of...
@ Tallest Skil All great points, but I was just wondering how long you think it will be till we see Lightpeak in MBP. Also I know professionals will only use an external monitor, but for people such as myself who are not full time photographers, but are enthusiasts who do occasional photo shoots or just like editing their photos. The current screen, (and yes admittedly I do have the Glossy rather than the Antiglare) just doesn't hold up for a 2000 dollar+ laptop. And...
So my MBP recently took a fall from an airplanes overhead compartment when the person sitting next to me dropped my bag, the end result is I have a huge dipple in the side of it and the screen has warped causing color distortion in the corner. Anyways what this is really about is I was wondering what everyone thinks/wants Apple to do next with their MBP line up. As I want/need to get a new MBP but for the time being am using an external display until I get a new one....
Hey I was just wandering, but as this iPad doesn't have a USB port but has iWork, how are we suppose to print documents out or spreadsheets if we don't have a WiFi printer. And also what are the chances of apple allowing some sort of external hard drive for files to be saved on, as 64GB is great until you want to work on a project with multiply link files/documents.
OK i found the solution First there was an issue with bootcamp and finder trying to index a NTFS hard drive, so i added that to the privacy list. I then added my the boot hard drive also into the privacy list so it would delete the previous index, then closed preferences and then reopened it and clicked the minus to remove the boot hard drive from the privacy list and it rebuilt the index in 6 minutes so
Hiya I have a MBP and I recently did a clean install up to Snow Leopard, and then added all of my movies and files about 150GBs onto my mac. And it was all working perfectly, but now for the past two days I have not been able to use Spotlight as it says it is indexing. :S Any ideas why or how this might of happened? I have recently brought iDeFrag and did a quick online DeFrag after I installed windows 7 in boot camp. Any solutions because I use spotlight alot...