or Connect

Posts by spikeme

what dave said about lightpeak cabling, that would be an amazing upgrade, i hope apple come out with three monitors a 20 inch, 27 and a 32 inch and have the 32 inch in matte or glossy. but most off all i miss the firewire port on the back of the old cinema displays, if there were only two cables coming from the display, a video cable (which handled sound, usb, video and firewire) and magsafe cable i would be set to buy one of these but i think no one can tell what...
hmmmm i am not sure about that, i have been using the new imac with a 16:9 display and i now finding it super annoying when doing photo editing or video editing as the screen is now filled with the picture and the tool bars and edit bars have to float around on the picture which is very annoying. i could see maybe a 21 and 27 inch 16:9 and a revamped 30 inch led but not in 16:9. anyone have any thoughts on this?
Now that Apple have adopted 16:9 display on their iMacs, what is the likehood of them releasing 16:9 Cinema Displays and also making the 24 inch a 27 and the killing the 24 down to a 21 or 22 inch ? Any views and ideas welcome
well good and bad news, i managed to get the internet working and not crashing by installing the airport card and reinstalling it which managed to not crash my network when i joined but still couldnt access the internet. the only way i managed to get it all to work nicely was by buying a new wifi modem as my old one was admittedly prehistory, only problem now is i have an internet connection but my mbp says it isnt connected to a network and it just keeps looking for a...
hi this is more of a very open ended question to see if anyone knows an answer, but I just uploaded snow leopard onto my mbp (early09) and all is great until I try and connect to my wifi, which it does but at the same time brings down the whole system so no computer can connect to the Internet the only way to fix it is to reset the wireless modem and turn off airport on the mbp. does anyone know why this might happen like hardware compitablity or is it a glitch other...
Sorry about that, I sometimes get carried But, nice post and I now agree with you about dropping the CD drive, before I wasn't to sure but now I am convinced. All we need now is for Steve to read this and make it for us But I had an idea admittedly saw it on a a HP, but what about just a empty bay where the CD drive is where you could swap out a hard drive, SSD, CD Drive or a even a "dock" with an e-sata and and firewire port?
hi i was wandering now that the MB 13" is now a MBP so to speak, what is the next logically step for the MBP? for example when is the next major internal change due and whether or not they will try and drop the cd drive in order to slim it down? \ or whether as another post said, this leaves room for a mac tablet? but any ideas or thoughts welcome o and a v random question, but is there any chance of apple ever making a matte black mbp in metal ..... or i am...
should we just add another two column here..... does it work without having to throw your it out the "window" and does it come with loads of buggy crapware on it ......
Hiya I have just got a new MBP and i have two 23 inch lcd displays from dell which have vga and dvi connections. and i was wandering if it was possible to connect up my mbp to the two screens with a mini display port adapter ?
Yeah i was thinking of that, but the main question left is can i use the one XP key i have for both Fusion and Bootcamp or do i need two keys :S