or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Like any company, Toyota would love to hear feedback from its customers, especially its loyal ones. Take the effort to voice your opinion. Seriously. CarPlay is not like some fly by night platform. Toyota needs to know that its decision not to implement will negatively affect its buyers' decisions. Win-win for all if all major brands support CarPlay... consumers will then have more choices. I wouldn't think that integrating CarPlay would add much at all to the bottom line...
Ahhhh....but share price is just one factor of a company's value.Other factors being, total cash, number of shares, assets, investments, brand awareness, patents, etc., etc. Lots of dynamics in play.Not to mention that share price is generally (over time) a reflection of all of those other factors. Let me repeat, show me some math/facts...and let's talk.Don't get me wrong I love opinion and speculation (it's fun) but all the Icahn bashing is getting boring.  I would agree...
You both have good points. Making/selling TV and the hardware/software seemed like a decent idea 2 years ago, but seems that a dumb (but awesome) screen can just as easily be sold by others. Apple will focus on getting content and operability to people, but won't get distracted with making whole TV sets. Obviously the reason why Apple is so consumed with iPod/iPhone/iPad/AWatch is that in these cases the touch screen and interaction with the device itself is critical.  At...
Best to keep the facts (i.e. finance/math) and opinions-about-Icahn separate.I'm always open to listening to opinions about people like Icahn and his suspect history. But math is math. Nothing he's said can largely be disputed (though argued).Apple increases its monetary value by buying back shares, up to a targeted share price of course. It would makes sense to crucify Icahn if he were spreading misinformation or even exaggerating. But in this case, he's not. The math is...
It's called an ecosystem...stop looking at one smallish product segment and judging its existence (either by profit margin or by units sold) as a failure.
 Yes, "I" represents the masses ...what an idiotic statement to make, especially when you go on to explain that since you use a computer 8 hrs/day that that makes you in touch with reality...talk about irony.  You don't even know what I do on a computer, so shut it. I never said that keyboard/mouse/tablet combos will replace laptops. I am saying that the future will consist of more keyboard/mouse/tablet usage even though it isn't very popular at the moment...result is...
I would agree. But I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned if iPad numbers keeps falling. If iPhone numbers soften even a bit, then watch this stock decline big (temporarily).  aWatch won't be able to stop a temp stock decline. I will go on record & say that iPad numbers will increase again but it will take a year. With competitors (Samsung/Amazon) waning, tablet market is a space for Apple to gain customers. iPad really is THE tablet to own and everyone knows it, but for...
You are out of touch with reality. I would definitely say that LESS THAN 10% of time spent on a computer (by the masses) requires autocad/excel/intensive doc editing/etc.  i think you're too fixated on the work/industrial aspects of computer usage.  And don't forget that a larger screen iPad will probably come soon.
Yes...definitely one way to look at it.laptop/shmaptop. iPad/sHmipad. In a few years, these are merely different forms of screen sizes/input methods.Apple cares little that one form makes way for another form. And yes, some day, history books will use Apple as THE example for the "halo effect".
Well, yes and no.  Many here have intelligently discussed the massive potential of blurring the lines between mobile and desktop computing...this would be good for consumers.  If you think about it, the iPad is an inexpensive laptop yet has the computing power to do almost all of what 80% of the population wants.  However, when doing a bit more serious typing, calcs, editing, etc., it's best if the screen were vertical and the interface(s) handled ergonomically (e.g....