or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Yes!a thoughtful and accurate meme. And the Millennials will grasp the value of an Apple Watch, it'll take some time....and I hope soon, since they spend too much time flicking thru IG and SC on their phones.
Improvements to Mail is much needed and will help Mac gain traction as the over 30 crowd who use email for business and pleasure would gain from this. And with better search capabilities integrated with Mail, it'll get even better. There a lot of things I don't like about Outlook, but there are elements to reuse, like the ease of sorting/filtering lists of emails and even more stable in some ways (like Mail's quirky behaviors: showing only partial message when replying,...
While there are some here who have zero need for street view, I think we can all agree that there are large numbers of people who do enjoy street view. A view from the street is the best perspective for us humans. Flyover meets only some of our desires. But as I mentioned before, we need to stop thinking that the street view future is but just more digital camera shots. I'm telling you, with LIDAR/orthophoto/GPS/Aerial technology we're less than 2 years from every road...
Well, yes and no.It will not be for sale, but I believe new Apple TV will be announced, both hardware and software.
Within 18 months, "street view" will be a commodity - tech such as LIDAR/GIS/Aerial imagery will provide the means to map every city street and building.   And since LIDAR can be done at night (when streets are deserted), views will be unobstructed from moving vehicles and pedestrians.   I'm glad Google did maps, it was useful. But all those street view photos will soon be irrelevant.
I sincerely appreciate some of the reasons you mentioned and I can't argue that some of those reasons may become reality. But the fact remains that the TOS wording gives WAY too much authority to Google - to use personal photo/video data amongst other data that Google already uses (like search/clicks/maps/youtube behavior). Consumers are typically ignorant and selfish, as are most humans. It's a sad time when consumers give up their personal data in exchange for "free"...
Each of these plans are genius for the large carriers that make more money than they should by complicating the plans. Business strategy is to maximize the PERCEPTION that customers are getting better services for cheaper (than the competitors). Ever wonder why each carrier has its own distinct mobile/data/usage plans? It makes it almost impossible to make a simple comparison without the consumer having to run 12-15 iterations/scenarios to determine which is best. In the...
For a smart guy, you seem to be really taking a naive position on all this. Most who happen to read the TOS would quite simply understand it to mean what StevenN., Penchanted, TMay and others have already said...that while the user retains IP, Google can use it. And there are a few substantial differences between Google and Apple language...Apple's includes phrases such as:- by submitting or posting such Content on areas of the Service that are accessible by the public or...
I was just reaching for humor....mostly because this message thread lacks a premise, especially when it is based on a sound bite in which J.Bush didn't say anything about replacing ACA with the Apple Watch... he said that in 5 years, a device (like the one he's wearing) will be able to provide a lot of people with an amazing amount of personal choices & responsibility of their own health. And that ACA should be repealed and should instead provide more choices for the...
I'm still not for replacing ACA with Apple Watches. You do know that ACA covers those less privileged, the poor, those that need our help, right?! Wait...what?...the Federal Gov't will subsidize my Apple Watch? So I can get the Apple Watch for "free"? F-ck ACA, give me the Apple Watch.