or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Much of iMessage and the way it is used by the masses is indeed confusing and Apple needs to do better at educating (and improving on) iMessage.  I don't think a class action lawsuit is necessary however this is what happens when Apple does not do a good job at responding quickly to issues. I and at least 5 other people I know personally were caught off guard when people (typically family members) who share iCloud accounts with family members' new devices suddenly see...
So true...but do realize that the straps and emoticons are important but were easily resolved.More importantly, the Japanese tend to value EFFICIENT use of size/functions not to mention quality hence they don't just get suckered into cheap and big. A slight correction...Japanese people have money issues (as much as Americans do, anyway), but they value quality and are willing to spend more of their disposable income on high quality phones and cars instead of throwing good...
If you're asking me, it's speculation. But recall that my statement was made with regard more to the mobile space.Anecdotally, few people use mobile appliances (phone/tablets) to do heavy lifting of word processing or spreadsheets.  That could change in the future. So at present, the "masses" are more of the light/casual users...and they seem to find google docs/forms useful. I also see medium-heavy users using pdf annotators a lot and not so much WP/Spreadsheet apps. The...
I agree goog is all over the place, but unfortunately, this disruptive functionality will be popular for the masses. The mainstream love google docs, gmail, etc. This is good for google, good for mobile users (of all platforms) but bad for MS mobile. I'm not saying that Office/iWork is not better, just saying that the masses prefer google docs.
You're just making this up aren't you? No, it had nothing to do with dwindling stock price in a bull market. aapl has gone up and down, up and down, up and down...what makes you think that this split/buyback/dividend increase was specifically to respond to the recent price decline?There will be, absolutely. You say this as if to place doubt in our minds?No, actually there are some pretty good analysts (dediu, turley, deagol) that in my opinion are actually very astute. I...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a 4.7" iPhone along with an additional/new feature (something minor, like minor speed boost or better camera) will boost sales by a significant amount...not huge, but significant. Again, I don't disagree with anything you've said except the above. I appreciate your opinions.
Sweet!
It's called cherry-picking data/info in order to make his point.In any, case I don't think anyone is arguing that Apple has underperformed the market recently.But the most important point is not past performance, but future performance - time will tell.One more thing he forgot to mention was that Apple started dividends in 2012...therefore adding cash to those existing shareholders.
 You've made a lot of good and objective points none of which I disagree with. And as you mentioned, there are a few design changes that could be made (e.g. accessibility options, moving the volume switch down a bit, etc.) that could help. I just think we shouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water...as I'm sure that's what Apple is doing...balancing what consumers really want/need. Anecdotally, it really seems that a larger screen (4.7") is out weighing one-handed...