or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Hey....aren't you the same guy who said the same thing about the iPad Mini?!?!No need to answer.
It has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WANT.  It has everything to do with consumer demand.  Not me, not you, and definitely not your one person at Starbucks pulling out a small phone while looking at a phablet. A 4.9" (or 4.7") phone is NOT a niche as you are proclaiming.  You will eat your words.
Don't be/act obtuse. I think his point is that it was a variety of things "...down to the icons".  Not just the icons.
Not sure why you continue to confuse the discussion, i.e. what does witnessing A PERSON watching a galaxy note then answering a smaller phone have anything to do with anything? I apologize if I came across as insulting, but you are insulting me if you make an opinion contradicting mine and then you don't address your own statements, like this one:What do you mean, "so what"?  I made an opinion stressing some significance to the 40-somethings and you respond with "so what"....
Your points are convoluted and without logic.  As I sad, it has nothing to do with "look, we have big phones".  If you think screen size has nothing to do with the ability to zoom in and see more, then logic and reality escapes you.  Very simply, people are doing more with their phones and MANY ARE REALIZING that additional screen real estate IS VALUABLE.  Get it thru your thick skull.  Now, don't get me wrong, computing devices are evolving and it's possible that...
Unless there is an iWatch (which I doubt) this year or some other important product launch, it WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO BOTTOM LINE without a larger iPhone.   Not the end of Apple's world, but it will hurt. Maybe someone can help with the maths/statistics here, but anecdotally, 80% of all current large screen (anywhere from 4.7" to 5.5") consumers would seriously consider switching to a 4.9" iPhone (if offered).  And the number of 40+ year olds with presbyopia...
I agree to the overdone doom/gloom/FUD.  But if you go back to any of my posts, you'll see that I'm about none of that.  A 4.9" is nowhere near phablet and it's where I think Apple should go this year or it WILL HURT (not doom, but it will hurt).
Are you just throwing me in the pile of "people been saying" as if to dismiss the importance of a larger screen iPhone in 2014? Yes.  I've heard it many many times as well.  Last year, I thought/said it needs to come soon, but not necessarily in 2013.  And I wasn't at all disappointed that a larger screen iPhone did not come out in 2013.  I AM saying it this year. What do you think insofar as launching a larger screen iPhone in 2014 and its related effects to sales growth...
I think we're seeing (now and in the future) Android/Samsung's vast ideas and product launches as a TEST bed for potential successful implementation. NOTHING is wrong with Apple proactively learning from the environment (i.e. Android/Samsung), taking the best ideas and then improving them.  Why make millions when you can make billions?!  :-) Don't forget that both the iPod and the iPhone were merely ideas and products that already existed in some form (beta or otherwise)....
What nonsense specifically are referring to?...increased dividends?  Share buybacks?  Or just the fact that Tim went to dinner with Carl?  I think all of you that spout these things off are over reacting.  From a pure financial perspective, Apple is doing the prudent thing with dividends and buybacks...it's arguable if you have information that we don't have such as future investment/M&A, but other than that, it makes zero sense to sit on that much cash.  Tim has dinner...