or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Hmmm, I would tweak to:6.5M 5s sold (almost nil in channel)2.5M 5c sold (of which 500k in non-Apple retail store channel) I doubt there's 6M 5s on order, probably a bit less.  Same with 5c orders, probably less than 1M on order (and not shipped).Appears Apple is keeping up with 5c demand and probably weeks of inventory building up in certain colors. I think we all agree that 5s demand is greater than last year, so no question that 5s demand will sustain thru Dec.  The real...
HAHA!  MG shoulda stuck with his 2nd post.
*post deleted.
Yes.  And many in this forum speculated 2 things:- that sales of 5c will be subdued for opening weekend (for a couple of reasons, one being that 5c candidates are just not ultra-anxious to buy the 5c on launch weekend).- that sales of 5c will continue to be strong throughout the Oct-Dec quarter.  Stronger than most think. I do agree with Munster, in that the Sep quarter may be positively impacted due to more than usual channel "stuffing" but only because there are 2...
And commenter ActiveTrader99 said it most accurately and succinctly: " There has been no change in Apple's counting methodology. Apple initial launch sales has always included:- product sold through Apple retail stores- product sold into the channel (Best Buy, AT&T, Walmart, etc.)- product sold AND delivered via the Apple online store.If Gene Munster did not factor that into his calculation, that is his error (or excuse for his poor estimate). There was a unique situation...
5s: Demand outpacing supply of iPhones on launch weekend is nothing new.  As long as supply ramps up in the Oct-Dec quarter, it'll be another resounding success.   5c: Don't expect the 5c to exhibit the same problems with supply/demand since it's really not a new phone. *demand is moderate other than new markets (e.g. Docomo, new geographic areas, etc.).  Don't get me wrong, demand is massive, but distributed across many months rather than the launch weekend. *supply...
Dude, anyone can come on here and just repeat exactly what I said in the opposite. So while i agree that I have no crystal ball, I do rely more on probability...and on that, I stand by my position (and with my wallet).  The weaknesses that I see is not that China Mobile won't be much more of a boost, but more that supply won't be able to keep up with demand.  Anyone who thinks that all mileage is accounted for in smartphones is plainly an idiot...you decide.  Take one look...
Not a game changer in/of itself.  But add China Mobile (coming), aTV, developing markets, iTunes, laptops, iPads, software and its ridiculously low PE ratio (that could easily be justified higher) and you have yourself an $800 stock in 12 months.  If Apple increases market share with desktops and/or larger screen touch appliances...it'll further surprise wall street.
...and in unrelated news, Apple is offering $2.99 for trade-ins of Microsoft Surface RT or Surface Pro.
While I can't argue with your zingers towards TS...I don't agree with your assessment on price.  But you're open to your opinion.  Time will tell.  Just know that the consuming public isn't as particular or discriminating as you are. BTW, I think (on contract anyway) the 5c is less than the 5,  no?