or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Not sure if you were being facetious, but I agree that it is a "halo effect" and has worked well for google's public image/brand.   What amazes me is the double-standard that the media/public have towards this.  Google is given a free pass when they fail at things like TV, self-driving cars, google apps, smart phones, etc.  But Apple is torn into shreds when iPhones do not have NFC, etc.   Maybe Apple would be better off taking the google approach (similar to ATV) and...
Places the glasses will be banned/scrutinized: - restrooms - anywhere near a women's restroom - playgrounds - meeting rooms - the bedroom - any customer service areas - cash registers at every store or bank - clothing stores - school campuses - airports - anywhere in/around a military base - anywhere in/around business operational areas - beaches - anyplace where a man with the glasses happens to glance at a women's chest or crotch - and the...
I agree with all, but with a slightly different twist.   It's good business to release something cheaper at lower margins if it is ADDITIVE (and does not cannibalize from existing lines) &/or if it strengthens BRAND (ecosystem).   With the iPad Mini, Apple KNEW it would be popular, the challenge was to produce it with high enough quality and at attractive prices points (while maintaining adequate margins).  It's the SAME challenge with smart phones right now.  Apple KNOWS...
Yes... but don't it come down to the definition of "high"? Apple's PE has historically been low (as it is today) relative to other similar companies...but yes, I realize there is no company exactly like Apple.  I always challenge others to show me a publicly traded company with eps, solid balance sheet, forward guidance and brand strength that trades anywhere near the PE that Apple is at...because I'd love to own some of those "other" companies.   As for gross margins,...
2012 was an unusually high revenue and high gross margin year (i.e. unusually high EPS).  At that 2012 EPS, PE should've been 30 or higher, but it wasn't.  Instead, PE was around 17.  So while I agree that Apple is vulnerable to drama-induced stock prices, I do not agree that overblown expectations justified drops in stock prices.  Overblown by manipulators maybe, but not by informed citizens.   With Apple continuing its increase in YOY revenue, brand strength and...
Sounds like we need to agree to disagree. So while I'm not saying that a feature phone is the bees knees, I cannot see why you argue that some don't prefer smaller, cheaper and simpler. It's the reason why there is still a large feature phone market.  Whether or not Apple can execute this while maintaining acceptable margins is unclear. But if you refuse to see any merit whatsoever in this discussion, I'm not sure I can add anything more...no disrespect.
  Possible advantages over the existing iPhone: - portability.  Yes, some really do want a smaller more durable phone. - price.  In addition to lower cost hardware, it's possible that networks would offer lower cost data plans. - simple.  There are millions out there who still don't want a touch screen smart phone because they believe their lives don't need one.   I'm baffled as to why you think price is not a reasonable trade off...it's smack dab in the middle of every...
Since you provide no value in your responses to my posts...please do not comment to my posts (esp knowing that I have you on ignore as of now).
Thanks for beating me to the punch.  Well said.   Hey, I'm still not fully convinced about a feature phone either.  I do believe that a feature phone would be more probable than an iPhone nano, just because an iPhone Nano (with all iPhone features) would compete too much with existing iPhone lines and would be too expensive to meet profit margins.   A while ago, mjtomlin posted his opinion piece on an Apple feature phone.  I think it's worth considering and I agree with...
That's a good point.  But know that the iPod nano is already done.  Whether or not it can make that while keeping margins is a challenge.  But at least, it's a totally separate segment, so I disagree that it would undercut the flagship iPhone at all.