or Connect

Posts by drewys808

...figures. And let me guess, you're also a stock analyst.
Seriously, that's why you're here??   Almost all here realize that it's impossible for one corporation to rule the hardware world.  "We" realize that the first-to-entry created unheard of success in the iPod, iPhone and iPad.   Android has advantages...its ecosystem has embraced multitudes of sizes, shapes, colors, quality, functionality and prices.  Some devices are very good but most are crap leaving the customer very unsatisfied....many companies lose/lost profits. ...
  This year or next, I see Apple rolling out the iWatch or perhaps a Zoolander type micro flip phone.   Either (iWatch or Micro phone) could wirelessly tether or physically connect/dock with a larger device.  In this way, people can carry around what they want ranging from ultra-portability to large-sized screens/keyboards.  Carry just the micro flip phone (or iWatch) for ultra portability.  Or take along your iPad Mini/Macbook for more serious productivity.   Of course,...
I still  believe a nano (feature) phone would be good. and deeper into fantasy land... how about a REALLY small iPhone nano (a flip phone?).  So small that it can be docked INSIDE an iPad Mini.  That way, the user can carry around just the phone while exercising, at a restaurant, out with the family...but can dock into the iPad Mini for business meetings, travel, to/from work, etc.  I know this is a bit gimmicky, but having hybrid/options of a small portable device...
From transcript:   Tim Cook - CEO: Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014.   ...then later...   Steven Milunovich - UBS Securities: Tim, you alluded to fall announcements of products. Is that indicating that there may not be substantial new products until literally fall, late September, which means the September quarter could look a lot like the June quarter,...
Yes.  And also for Apple, I have to believe that there's still some halo effect and acquired addiction to the Apple ecosystem (i.e. switchers).   Further... mobile devices have and will gain ground, but for homeowners and families (of this & one more generation), there will always be a need for a trusty desktop that does not have that stress-induced rechargeable battery in it...because who likes to leave a rechargeable battery plugged into the wall all the time? :-)
Not sure...but I bet Apple would probably remove search results for pron, etc. :-)   But seriously, my guess is "no", Apple would not alter search algorithms for competitive advantage based on their history of good (not evil) choices in the past.
All Apple needs is about 2 million servers and an algorithm (or 2)...then create their own search/ad company.  Why not?
Blackberry success in this space just helps push Android (as a brand) further down to cheap/low margin handsets.
Past supply constraints versus "drawing down build plans", the former one is not deliberate, the latter is.  But you're right, it's a crazy business.  I truly doubt the reduction in demand is so large that an outsider (i.e. not a senior Apple executive) would be able to determine that the draw down would cause AAPL to miss guidance.  There is (almost) always a reduction in demand in the Mar quarter, but that's reflected in guidance.  I say AAPL hits the upper range of...