or Connect

Posts by drewys808

For the last time...anyone who is upset that the watch is delivering Apr 24- May 8, 2015 just because Apple ANNOUNCED a yet-to-be-manufactured-totally-new-technology back in 2014, has all of life's priorities f'd up. OMG, it wasn't until January that it was clarified to be April??!!??   /s ...here endeth the thread.
I see, you're the same type of "human being" who complains when a certain store item is not on the Walmart shelf when in fact you knew there was more demand than stock available?  Did it matter that Walmart publicly advertised that item?  No. Did Walmart tell you personally that that item was indeed available and waiting just for you on a shelf marked, "DamonF"? Did Apple send you or owe you a personal note ensuring your watch would also be waiting for you on the shelf...
I think we all need to agree that this is new and unchartered territory. To all of the complainers on this board...stop with the "sense-of-entitlement" philosophy. I understand you (and I) are paying customers, but everyone knew that supply would be limited and demand would be high. And who cares that Tim Cook announced in Jan that the watch should come in early 2015...WHO ARE YOU to feel any sense of entitlement based on his estimated release date? This...
I'm guessing about 70 - 80 years or so.
 When you already have a great phone like the 5S it's not really urgent to upgrade... because the distraction of gazing at a brand new Apple Watch fills that empty space in your heart. :-) Funny. But I think true.
I think most don't realize that profit from selling aWatches is actually not as important as Apple continuing to grow its mindshare, brand and ecosystem.   Because along with customer satisfaction numbers (which are great), Apple secures itself as THE platform to buy into, live with...and die with.   To die with?...Apple has in its hands the hardware/software platform of the century. Many will literally die with an Apple device in our pocket, around our wrist or on...
This all brings up interesting questions on supply chain and the delivery process, and to comment on yours:1. Yes, there is "significant amount of inventory" but that's subjective. Obviously there's NOT ENOUGH inventory to meet demand.2. Yes, it is certainly planned and with CEO oversight by the "king", Tim Cook. But again, see comment #1.3. Not sure I agree. I would think that China would not get as many aWatches as the U.S.4. This is the most interesting question and...
As I said, I agree that there are challenges in all Apple rollouts (esp. a wearable device). but you still have not provided any other better way, because at this point, I don't think there is a better way. So what's your solution again? I kind of want to backtrack on my opinion that there will be watches available on 4/24 to buy directly from the retail store...because really, the best method to fill orders in the supply chain is to manage it remotely and not have...
Interest is 1/2 of iPhone!?!?!  Wow. I was predicting that initial rollout would be tempered and then more aggressive numbers coming in 3 months later.  But if interest is already at 1/2...this rollout will be amazing. Most don't need this device, why would they go out and buy it? I was thinking interest was more like 1/5 of iPhone.
To clarify, the comparison is IF Apple had demos for 2 weeks PRIOR to preorder...what situation would we be in? And my opinion is that Apple would have had a LOT more physical visits to the store... which would have been unnecessary...and kind of awkward to have a physical product but unable to order. If everyone already knows that there will be zero watches available at the store on 4/24...then yes, I'm not keeping up. Then thanks for educating me. But then you say "Apple...