or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Why are you complaining? Are you frantically trying to decide and obtain one? Otherwise, tone down your complaining, it's irrelevant. I think we all agree that there are inherent challenges with a roll-out like this. But if you couldn't provide a better solution that you were willing to share with Apple months ago (when they were planning), then shut up. What's your solution again?...that Apple should have just provided watch demos 2 weeks before pre-order? What would that...
That's a valid point albeit not very important for me.We will see what the battery usage/capacity really is in time, but I agree, many would want the watch face to display something while in "standby" mode. I'm assuming that aWatch can display in standby? Edit: I would opt for the $100M-diamonds-sparkling display for my standby mode.
If you're saying that the Macbook unboxing and the iPhone unboxing has the same problem...I would disagree.The MB laptop is 2 lbs. The iPhone is 5 oz. It's dumb to unbox your new laptop while standing up not to mention physically very awkward...the vast majority will place it on their lap or a table. The iPhone on the other hand is frequently opened by holding the box with one hand and pulling the cover off with the other hand...standing?..sitting?...most people don't...
I don't consider this idiot-proofing...I consider it common sense risk avoidance. I don't think you realize how EASY it is for a 5 oz. "handheld computer" to flick out of the box even when opening rather carefully...has also something to do with the box cover not quite sliding off easily (making it even more probable that a flicking motion will result as the cover suddenly detaches). I agree with you, I'm not one of those that holds others responsible for my stupidity or...
I agree that for the iPhone boxes...Apple should tweak the packing method to eliminate the phone from so easily falling out during initial unboxing.  I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 6s (and other 'new' models) have revised packaging. Not sure on the new MBs though.
Intuitive Surgical has been doing this with their da Vinci series of robotic systems for years now...and quite successfully.
Not sure why you feel so strongly...to point out the negative aspects of Yokohama. First off, Yokohama (like New Jersey) has some very beautiful areas...why judge so harshly Apple's/Japan's decision to have an R&D center there? Second, do you know for a fact that Tsunashima-higashi is dirty/graffiti-ridden?...because it's not. ​Third, the only area of Yokohama that is not as nice is the industrial/port area which is only a small portion of the city. There is some graffiti...
Off topic here, but are you a professional writer? If not you should be. Great prose in a poetic and appealing style.
Yes, and if I may add...gaming will probably start with technology somewhere between Halo and Angry Birds...since this is where most people would delight in. Not sure why some believe Apple TV meant for Angry Birds or Candy Crush...those are definitely iPhone/iPad games. Not sure also why some believe Apple TV must have Halo-quality games. There is definitely middle ground. Halo-like games can remain with PS4 and Xbox. Or Apple can later launch a Apple TV-G which costs...
I'm not disagreeing with whatever algorithm your are trying to explain...but realize this:The general population has no idea what the algorithm is or how it works...so it IS ROCKET SCIENCE! Therein lies the next big issue of the civilized world...control of the media.Media controls knowledge/truth. Knowledge is power.If the media is allowed to be controlled by any one ideology then there will be a dangerous imbalance of power. People are becoming concerned with Google's...