or Connect

Posts by drewys808

"functional" bands...yes!!
May be sooner when battery problem is solved.Can't see any other company being able to leverage battery efficiencies better than Apple...maybe 2 years. ...still, most will want a screen larger than 1.5" anyway. Siri interaction (and eye strain) only goes so far....and longer (self-assured) battery life for voice calls will still be important...hence carrying an iPhone 99.5% of the time regardless.  Because REALLY, the iPhone isn't that big (yes, I'm FINE with the 4.0" or...
Yes.  And I just don't get why so many are so obstinate about this having to be a pass/fail product launch. ...can't we just agree that the VAST MAJORITY will have to warm up to the concept of a 'puterized-watch-thingy...and like all other product launches, the product itself will evolve?!?!
a. Your stock analysis sucks. revenue/yr (and more importantly, earnings) forecasted higher...then again you probably know more than the other off-street analysts. Yes, I don't just count on street analysts.  And even if flat earnings... isn't all bad. You're forgetting p&s's of growth. instead you should ask yourself the question: where will competition "steal" from?... or are you saying that the world will just stop buying computers/appliances?   b. Watch will not "crap...
To mediate further, seems like this debate started with "...if you afford...".  Seems like you and JM agree on this.  As do I.If they can't afford it...well...refer to JM's 'stupidest scenario'  remark.
I'm with JM on this. I don't think he's saying that zero middle-class families buy those expensive luxuries, he's insinuating that the vast majority do not. And I think that's on target. There will be very few exceptions of middle-class even considering the $5,000 aWatch...the vast majority considering it will be the affluent (who can afford these extravagant items)...and those same people will just as much consider a $10,000 aWatch if quality and desire-factor is there. I...
I hope you're wrong, only because it seems a waste for a watch to be obsolete in 4 years.It'll take effort by Apple, but I think in the case of the aWatch, it will be usable for longer than 4 years (i.e. iOS compatible). ...issue here is that it's not a standalone product/accessory (yet!).  And its reliance on the iPhone is crucial...thus, it's important for Apple to ensure compatibility...I'm thinking for at least 5-10 years. Can someone enlighten us on how far the...
That's a valid point, but should be tempered."obsolescence" is too strong a word.I do think that the Gen1 aWatch will not be desired as soon as a thinner and 30M water resistant aWatch version is available....at that point (18 months?) you'll start to see quite a few Gen1 aWatches on craigslist/ebay. But other than that, I'm not sure we'll see significant technological improvements over the next few years. Also, realize that Apple will do as they always have...make their...
Thanks for clearing some things up. ...so along with that, which functions would or would not be active? - walking/running distance - yes.- step distance/interval/pace. yes.- biking distance - no.- direction tracking of any kind - no.- way points of any kind - no.- any other important functions/data? But since most bikers, fisherman, hikers carry their iPhones then who has issues of a standalone watch? Basically the runner.But for 99% of runners, step distance/pace is...
Like any company, Toyota would love to hear feedback from its customers, especially its loyal ones. Take the effort to voice your opinion. Seriously. CarPlay is not like some fly by night platform. Toyota needs to know that its decision not to implement will negatively affect its buyers' decisions. Win-win for all if all major brands support CarPlay... consumers will then have more choices. I wouldn't think that integrating CarPlay would add much at all to the bottom line...