or Connect

Posts by drewys808

Best to keep the facts (i.e. finance/math) and opinions-about-Icahn separate.I'm always open to listening to opinions about people like Icahn and his suspect history. But math is math. Nothing he's said can largely be disputed (though argued).Apple increases its monetary value by buying back shares, up to a targeted share price of course. It would makes sense to crucify Icahn if he were spreading misinformation or even exaggerating. But in this case, he's not. The math is...
It's called an ecosystem...stop looking at one smallish product segment and judging its existence (either by profit margin or by units sold) as a failure.
 Yes, "I" represents the masses ...what an idiotic statement to make, especially when you go on to explain that since you use a computer 8 hrs/day that that makes you in touch with reality...talk about irony.  You don't even know what I do on a computer, so shut it. I never said that keyboard/mouse/tablet combos will replace laptops. I am saying that the future will consist of more keyboard/mouse/tablet usage even though it isn't very popular at the moment...result is...
I would agree. But I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned if iPad numbers keeps falling. If iPhone numbers soften even a bit, then watch this stock decline big (temporarily).  aWatch won't be able to stop a temp stock decline. I will go on record & say that iPad numbers will increase again but it will take a year. With competitors (Samsung/Amazon) waning, tablet market is a space for Apple to gain customers. iPad really is THE tablet to own and everyone knows it, but for...
You are out of touch with reality. I would definitely say that LESS THAN 10% of time spent on a computer (by the masses) requires autocad/excel/intensive doc editing/etc.  i think you're too fixated on the work/industrial aspects of computer usage.  And don't forget that a larger screen iPad will probably come soon.
Yes...definitely one way to look at it.laptop/shmaptop. iPad/sHmipad. In a few years, these are merely different forms of screen sizes/input methods.Apple cares little that one form makes way for another form. And yes, some day, history books will use Apple as THE example for the "halo effect".
Well, yes and no.  Many here have intelligently discussed the massive potential of blurring the lines between mobile and desktop computing...this would be good for consumers.  If you think about it, the iPad is an inexpensive laptop yet has the computing power to do almost all of what 80% of the population wants.  However, when doing a bit more serious typing, calcs, editing, etc., it's best if the screen were vertical and the interface(s) handled ergonomically (e.g....
...yes.  Will wind down or reduce share repurchase.  I hope the total amount of dividends are not increased (i.e. div/sh will increase but without spending a nickel more).   This is not true for many large dealerships.  Not sure why, but maybe because the dealership is given large incentives by the manufacturer's finance arms to process loans (rather than to take all cash)?  I'm surprised myself but seems that cash is not quite king at dealerships.
This site hijacked my Safari: https://softwareupdaterlp.com Three times while on appleinsider.   What is up Appleinsider?
Wow, now that's a confusing title. :-)