or Connect

Posts by drewys808

There's irony in that Android (for next 5-10 yrs anyway) WILL be around in at least moderate force (i.e. a "win"), but looks like iOS is winning in usability/web use/etc.  What does that mean?  It  means that for all Google is investing in Android and "winning" in marketshare, its mobile search/ad is losing.  Google is known as a search/ad MACHINE!  This year and next year will prove that goog's machine is stagnating in mobile space.  This is big because mobile is gaining...
Yes... you and I know that...but thought I'd note to preclude doomsayers who will try to use this FUD to tear Apple down.
Yes, that's actually the bigger story than the hardware launches.  I would think this shift to free OSX/iWork/iLife upgrades will result in a small hit to earnings this quarter, the only thing that will prop it up is increased units sold (hardware).  However, I'm sure most analysts see this as an intelligent long term decision.  Shoring up the ecosystem will increase units sold and retention.  And let's not forget that revenue is not only from hardware but also from iTunes...
Then don't get the leather case/cover....get the $39 cover.
With iLife FREE with purchase of iOS...very few will want to buy anything but an iPad.
Yah, I kinda agree.  not sure about "by far" better than the 5s, but better for many because frankly, I'm tired of having to protect my shiny metal phones from dings/scratches/falls... and would just as well opt for the plastic 5c (naked, of course) at a price break. Disclosure: I'm still loving my gold 5s!
I would agree that supply is an issue for 5s...but probably not as big as the doomsayers say.  I think it's a demand "issue".  :-) I just can't see how suppliers could have ramped up the initial supply during launch and then suddenly come to a dramatic slowdown.  Then again, I'm not privy to supply chain status.  But with shipping status at 2-3 weeks...it can't be all that bad (as opposed to 4-6 weeks?).
Why anyone is surprised with this is beyond me. The vast majority who RUSHED to purchase at launch were Apple fans...who buy the best, which is the 5s. Both phones are good phones. Many would like to save a couple hundred dollars and consider... then buy the 5c. It was just a matter of time.   Now, need to look at total numbers to determine whether it was a success or not.  I'm guessing it was a success and will continue to be for the year at least.
....so you meant "someday"?  As in:Someday, if EPS is flat...someday it may go to $300?Just asking. Sorry, I'm getting grumpy again.
Yes, possibly...money flows in/out.  Makes sense.  Time value of trading is how big bucks are made, no doubt.Common sense should reveal something more like 25/17 goog/aapl.But I'll be the first to admit that share prices are anything but common sense.  Can you admit the same?