or Connect

Posts by Retrogusto

Good point. The percentage of people who list screen size as a deciding factor is actually 12%. Another way of looking at the second chart is that at least 65% would not even consider an iPhone regardless of whether or not they offer a larger screen. If Apple does offer a larger screen, I hope they price it identically to the smaller screen models, if the other specs match. They might be able to save some money by using less miniaturized components. I think they should...
A number of people have made good points here, but to me it seems like the phone is necessary to Amazon because they have to keep coming up with new revenue-generating categories since they seem unable to improve the ones they have, which are not significantly profitable. Amazon has microscopic margins, but the stock is very pricey by just about any measure, because they have been able to increase revenues pretty consistently. They have done this by always finding new...
I'm still very much looking forward to my new iPhone 6 this Fall, but I have to admit, I'm glad to see somebody at least trying to do something different. Apple's biggest breakthroughs have been underpinned by new ways of interacting with devices: mouse and window with the Mac, multitouch with the iPhone (and perhaps trackwheel with the iPod, but that's more of a stretch). And yes, I know they didn't exactly invent these technologies, but they figured out how to implement...
At $12.99, probably one of their cheaper acquisitions this year.
Kind of hard to imagine this on a wrist-worn device until they figure out how to make OLED displays that aren't terrible in bright sunlight. Maybe this has been solved, but the ones I've seen have been deeply flawed in this sense. Other companies might do it anyway, knowing that they would look fine until people buy them and actually start using them, but I can't see Apple doing it, given their track record.
Never. Never. Never. I was one of the early adopters of the PS3, back when it cost $600. I really liked it for a while, but then they started having frequent mandatory software updates that won't allow you to continue to use it as before until you have downloaded and installed the update. It's incredibly annoying to get home from work and think you have just barely enough time to see a movie before going to sleep, only to find that Sony has made other plans for your...
Hmm, I dunno about that. I think ousting Jobs in 1985 might be a contender for that title.
Another good reason is that it's pretty much impossible otherwise. German tends to have the verbs at the end of the sentence, so in most cases you'd have to wait for the end of the sentence before you can translate into English, since English isn't structured the same way.
True. It's probably more fair to say that Samsung is copying MS, because MS was famous for weak imitations of Apple innovations, and now Samsung has assumed that role. It's also kind of funny and interesting that nobody even cares about MS copying Apple anymore. That's how far MS has fallen. But I think they may also be trying to copy less.
Well, I thought it was obvious that I was joking, too, and the part about "probably not true" was supposed to make it clear that I didn't actually believe it. It cracks me up how every time a rumor comes out, there are always people treat it as if it were fact and get upset. I do think that the headphone jack and lightning port in the mock-up look smaller than those in the real iPhone, but yes, I understand that doesn't mean anything other than the mock-up perhaps not...