or Connect

Posts by Retrogusto

Wow, some of those do look great, and appear to be good alternatives to Apple's offerings rather than just cheaper takes on the same thing.
Wow, are we already at the "low yield rates could affect initial launch supply" stage in the rumor process? It seems to come a little earlier every season.
I think the cash position is $202.8 billion, not $220 billion.
In the end, I don't see how it wouldn't bounce back pretty quickly. If earnings per share are up 45% YOY, that is going to push the P/E down from its already low point, and once people get over the fact that the numbers didn't beat the estimates of a few overzealous analysts (but did beat guidance, some analyst surveys, and broke the existing record for the quarter), they are bound to notice that the stock is even more unreasonably cheap than usual, and the price will...
...and in other news, Apple loses $60B in market cap in a few seconds. Thanks, Wall Street.
...or paving the way for Touch ID without sapphire.
The Next Big Thing Is Here. But We're Not Sure What It Is.®
It's interesting to see how different people view this. To me, it seems like mutually beneficial publicity. I saw this headline first somewhere other than here or the Daily Beast (NYT I think), so it's obviously made headlines on multiple news sources, and didn't cost Apple or the rapper dude anything. I'm sure Apple is glad to be seen as the company that enabled a rapper to complete his album on their powerful and easy-to-use computers and not the company that kicked the...
My iPhone 6 has been having problems connecting to the Internet over the cellular network since I installed the update--Mail can't always check for new mail, and Maps can't always access the Internet, but Google Maps works fine (or did the one time I used it, anyway). I turned the phone off and then on again, and now it seems to be working. Hopefully that was all it needed and it will now continue to work. 
I don't see why Tim Cook should have the same freedom that I have. Surely I'm more American than he is, or something.   /s