or Connect

Posts by Hands Sandon

Here is a link that shows just how generous and kind most Muslim's are. What makes this all the more remarkable is that Muslim's in the UK really don't have that much money on the whole. For most Muslim's their religion is a help in them living more full and kind lives. I don't doubt that, but the negative side to any religion or its adherents, is fair game in a free society and a free society has far more chance of living peacefully as a result, because both sides can...
I don't think that taking the "Islamic" out is the answer. Most muslim's, especially in the west thought  9/11 was a perversion of their religion, and I accept that. But far too many think that kind of violence is a duty. They believe in killing adulterers, blasphemers, apostates etc. This is their religion and they need to accept that. I don't see muslim's killing blasphemers in the US, but to say it's not Islamic is a joke. 
This is quite tragic on the Islam side, but I'll post it anyway. Hopefully it's not always the case with Muslims-   "The willingness to commit violent crimes grows among young Muslim immigrants in Germany the more religious they become, according to a joint survey by the German interior ministry and the Institute for Criminology Research of Lower Saxony (KFN). By comparison, the study found that just the opposite was true for Christian immigrants. The willingness to...
You gather that from what? I do believe Jesus is God.  I guess you're responding to this comment I made- "...spread Christianity more than anyone up till that point" I simply meant that through the empire Christianity spread. Frank clearly knows more than me about the history, and I'd like to read more. I don't think anyone spread that Jesus IS God more than Jesus. lol.
He wasn't the founder, but did of course spread Christianity more than anyone up till that point. He killed 3,000 Christians because he disagreed with their interpretations, so I doubt I, or many people today, would think he was the kind of Christian they could relate to. That 3,000 was more Christians than had been murdered during the whole time of the Roman empire, up until that point. Christians have no doubt often caused harm. It's not in the teachings to do so though,...
Constantine was more tolerant of other religions than at least half the Muslim's alive today, and his reign was almost exactly 1,700 years ago.
Some interesting poll numbers to bare in mind-   Poll of Islamic world, Feb 2002 The majority (61 percent) of Muslims worldwide believe Arabs did not carry out 9/11. Only 18 percent believe they did. The majority (77 percent) of Muslims worldwide oppose the liberation of Afghanistan. Poll of Egyptians, September 2002 The majority (52 percent) of Egyptians support the Sept 11th killings. Only 19 percent think Islamists did it, despite the fact the...
Agreed, and he's even speaking out about Saudi Arabia.   Rand Paul has his priorities straight too-   ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYQeXBOFvWk
Tony Blair has called on unity and resolve in a groundbreaking speech to fight Islamic terrorism, or face increasingly severe consequences of inaction-   "Tony Blair's speech seeking to rally global support for a confrontation with Islamic extremism generated a storm of reaction, most of it negative and much of it focusing on the messenger rather than the message.   The director of the Council for Arab-British Understanding, Chris Doyle, said the former prime minister...
Islam is, and always has been an extremely violent, brutal and political religion, but not all muslim's want to spread violence through Jihad. Many, especially those in the West, don't, and we need to encourage that. They want to bring up their kids well and in safety, just like everyone else. They don't want to be seen as a scary enemy and live in fear. So should the 9/11 museum remove any mention of "Islamic" terrorism?   "“The screening of this film in its present...