or Connect

Posts by Hands Sandon

I don't trust the government with weapons. It's a reality though that without them they wouldn't have the power to defend the country or impose the law. Certainly they are required to act within the constitutional limits of government and that means protecting our rights. I think it's utterly immoral of the the government to restrict many of our freedoms, and hope that more people fight, through legal means, to take back our rights and stop the further corporate control...
It doesn't take too much research to see that America has a horrendous homicide rate (even though it has the worlds largest prison population) especially when compared to other OECD nations.    You need to step back, and ask yourself, "how can we stop this madness?" I appreciate that you already have important ideas, like ending the war on drugs, better education and to get more people working. All of those things are important, extremely important, but it still leaves...
No, really jazzguru, I read them with genuine curiosity. I realise that within the quotes there's a strong relationship between militias and the whole people.  The two are clearly intertwined.   In my idea, there would be less need for people to worry about violent intruders with guns, because all guns for ordinary citizens would be illegal. The militias would enforce that law and enforce it first and foremost on those who rank highly as a possible criminal (wayward youth...
Some interesting quotes there, thanks for posting them.   The following one struck me as odd-    "The militia is the natural defense of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections, and domestic usurpation of power by rulers. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of the republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and...
I appreciate the link. I do hope to get some time to read that. In response to jazz guru too. There are no doubt those who would own such weapons responsibly, but there are those who wouldn't. Whatever pleasures those who would own such weapons get from them simply isn't worth the surfering of those who would misuse or steal them. Would you allow anyone to own a tactical nuclear weapon? If yes, then again your not living in the real world where people are prone to...
So MJ would you allow adults to own as many grenades and rocket launchers as they wish? Let them take them wherever they wish? If not you're a hypocrit and if yes then your not living in the real world. SR has it right. We make these laws so we CAN live together.
Yeah, it's a terrible weapon and luckily it malfunctioned. The NRA fought hard to overturn the law that made them illegal. Now we have this, instead of the possibility that if he'd tried to buy one illegally he may have been arrested before carrying out this massacre. People should be as mad as hell and start demonstrating before this happens again and again and again.
In all the time I've followed politics I've never seen a major politician make as many unbelievably stupid and naive comments as Mitt Romney has. For someone who one would expect to have reasonable diplomatic skills, he has made Sarah Palin look like Bill Clinton.   Here's just some of the things that have caused dismay and outrage in the last few days-      "Mitt Romney embarrassed the United States, and himself, by going to London and insulting the British in...
  The fact is these high powered assault rifles exist for a reason.
Figures like these are staggering. Why is it they can't stop this?    • 106,000 Americans killed from drug side effects • 115,000 Americans killed from bedsores • 98,000 Americans killed from medical error • 88,000 Americans killed from infections • 32,000 Americans killed from surgery • 37,000 Americans killed from unnecessary procedures I wouldn't argue though that it negates sensible gun laws.    Do you think people should be allowed to keep their own grenades and...