or Connect

Posts by Hands Sandon

Some interesting quotes there, thanks for posting them.   The following one struck me as odd-    "The militia is the natural defense of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections, and domestic usurpation of power by rulers. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of the republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and...
I appreciate the link. I do hope to get some time to read that. In response to jazz guru too. There are no doubt those who would own such weapons responsibly, but there are those who wouldn't. Whatever pleasures those who would own such weapons get from them simply isn't worth the surfering of those who would misuse or steal them. Would you allow anyone to own a tactical nuclear weapon? If yes, then again your not living in the real world where people are prone to...
So MJ would you allow adults to own as many grenades and rocket launchers as they wish? Let them take them wherever they wish? If not you're a hypocrit and if yes then your not living in the real world. SR has it right. We make these laws so we CAN live together.
Yeah, it's a terrible weapon and luckily it malfunctioned. The NRA fought hard to overturn the law that made them illegal. Now we have this, instead of the possibility that if he'd tried to buy one illegally he may have been arrested before carrying out this massacre. People should be as mad as hell and start demonstrating before this happens again and again and again.
In all the time I've followed politics I've never seen a major politician make as many unbelievably stupid and naive comments as Mitt Romney has. For someone who one would expect to have reasonable diplomatic skills, he has made Sarah Palin look like Bill Clinton.   Here's just some of the things that have caused dismay and outrage in the last few days-      "Mitt Romney embarrassed the United States, and himself, by going to London and insulting the British in...
  The fact is these high powered assault rifles exist for a reason.
Figures like these are staggering. Why is it they can't stop this?    • 106,000 Americans killed from drug side effects • 115,000 Americans killed from bedsores • 98,000 Americans killed from medical error • 88,000 Americans killed from infections • 32,000 Americans killed from surgery • 37,000 Americans killed from unnecessary procedures I wouldn't argue though that it negates sensible gun laws.    Do you think people should be allowed to keep their own grenades and...
lol. That's a pretty stupid quote. Sure America may have had a suicide bomber or two in it's history, but most people who kill people with guns want to kill people with guns, not blow themselves up. 
A guy walks up to your car at a red light and points a gun at you and demands you hand over your wallet. Do you give him it, or open the glove box?   I think I know what you'd do, especially if you had a wife and kids with you.   Common sense dictates that typically getting into a gun fight isn't the answer, that's even what the police recommend. They're not stupid enough to recommend that people risk their lives for $117. Knuckleheads might, and so evolution weeds them...
Till I have more time to post- "In 2010, five UK police officers lost their lives in the course of duty or on their way to or from being on duty.  All five died as a result of road traffic accidents.  They are remembered here. Contrast this with the experience in the United States: “In just twenty-four hours, at least eleven cops were shot around the country. The most recent incident at a fugitive’s house in St. Petersburg, Florida, left two officers dead and a U.S....