or Connect

Posts by Hands Sandon

If you mean me confronting them with a gun, then that would have been incredibly dangerous too (not that I've ever had a gun). 
Says the guy who wants to let anyone own rocket launchers! I'm sorry mj that's just madness. Perhaps you know it is, but are afraid of seeing your argument destroyed.   Besides, as things stand in the US I'm not against people owning guns or even carrying them concealed. I guess you just want to keep things simple for yourself though and make out I'm the bad guy.
There's no way I would have confronted them if I thought they were likely to have guns. It's an example of the kind of environment guns create. ie one that's extremely dangerous.
A lot of guns end up in the wrong hands because it's so easy to get them into the wrong hands. This is a serious issue and dealing with it is essential even if you are allowed to own guns. And of course I'm not saying that most owners aren't responsible.
And the irony here is that in the US I would have been far more likely to have been killed defending myself than here in the UK. Reaching for a gun in the US or starting to shoot probably would have had me killed. In the Uk, if I'm attacked the chances are I'll win, even if they have a knife. Incidently about a month ago I walked passed my neighbours nearby and came across two people trying to rob the house. I confronted them and one threatened to stab me. I stood my...
Israel and Palestine have an equal right to exist. The Palestinian part is larger than the Israeli part historically. Just because they only had sheep on some of their land doesn't mean you can come along and steal it without being held accountable. The fact that you give more credence to Israel than to Palestine says volumes.   Do you really think Obama doesn't want businesses to prosper and do well? Do you really think the "Lefties" here are all some kind of communist...
He doesn't imply that they did not pay for them . You failed to mention that in your new list. Other than that your points are good one's. I think that's exactly what he did mean.
Not if it means that more people die as a result of making the weapon legal than would have died if it wasn't. Legal rocket launchers are an insane idea, but one could argue that they have the right to bear arms to protect themselves. The case with smaller guns is less clear cut. I believe people have the right to own guns, but there should be laws at least as strong as those in the UK, so that those guns don't end up in the wrong hands and the owners are well trained and...
Since I've been back in the UK (and since I lived here prior to going to the US) I've never heard people spout on endlessly for the need to take up arms against the government. I know of only a couple of people who consider it important to own a gun for their protection. Contrast that to the US where I heard lots of people argue that it was an essential right, and even that they'd use their guns against the government if they were crossed. Americans, like you have just...
The UK police don't carry guns except at airports and guarding parliament or Downing Street and a few other places. Those situations are rare exceptions. If police with guns are needed a tactical squad is called. Police all over the UK don't have guns.   You have it in your head that an unarmed population is a weak population controlled by a dictator. I think the opposite is true. A strong country will happily have strict gun control to make their country a better place...