or Connect

Posts by Hands Sandon

No, (sorry Mr Ryan), I'm sticking with- 
I think he looks like Ryan, hehe... http://store.apple.com/uk
The reason Ryans plan would add more debt than 62 trillion is the dems would oppose much of the cuts. Add those to the equation with his reduced revenue from taxes (mostly on the very wealthy) and there's no way it wouldn't be more. A few wars and the dire consequences of GW and it's even higher. Then there are other factors too, like you say.   Obama hasn't made such a plan, but, Obama/Dems would not run up the debt like Ryan. The Dems plan is to increase the taxes on...
The thing with Ryan is he wants to make cuts, but he cuts taxes even more, thereby increasing the debt for a very very very long time. He also keeps the needy oil companies et al. with a very expensive roof over their heads. It's easy to cut a few billion from green tech, but when you kneel down to oil, those billions and many more, are still falling from your pockets.
  Says Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget "roadmap … doesn't balance the budget until the 2060s and … adds an unthinkable $62 trillion to the national debt between now and then."    ~ http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/mar/03/matt-miller/matt-miller-blasts-deficit-debt-implications-paul-/   "Ryan is the one who claims his plan is ‘conservative,’" Miller told PolitiFact. "The idea that he runs 62 or 80 or 100 trillion in debt but then pledges to do better when...
WTF. Ryan?
It's not just for women, it covers- race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.   I don't suppose the people who will benefit from the law will consider it "purely political". Yes, it is a reason to reelect him (not that I will vote for him personally, even though I legally could).   Does Romney support the bill? EDIT- He says he won't repeal it. Ryan though would.   It may not create jobs, who knows maybe it will even harm jobs, but I doubt it....
Lets start with the first one on the list and work our way down if you are serious-   January 29: Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act   I think it is an accomplishment. Bush previously vetoed it, Obama signed it into law. Why do you not like the law?
Quote jazzguru- "I don't think it ignores that fact at all. It's an acknowledgement of the reality that the collective decision will not be a "good" decision for everyone affected by it. It's a withdrawal of support for an inherently flawed system - a statement of belief that such a system cannot fix itself from within."     We hold very different positions on most things, but I agree with you here. There are too many compromises to be made in voting for the better...
Ryan seen as another Palin by Republican insiders-   "Away from the cameras, and with all the usual assurances that people aren’t being quoted by name, there is an unmistakable consensus among Republican operatives in Washington: Romney has taken a risk with Ryan that has only a modest chance of going right — and a huge chance of going horribly wrong." ~ http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79697.html