or Connect

Posts by PXT

Consider the consequences of DRM-free delivery of content by providers. During the Napster years, the RIAA had government agents kicking in doors, rummaging through personal belongings and dragging housewives and teenagers off to court to face massive fines. Now the RIAA in their attempt to avoid DRM use watermarking of content. But how do they enforce that? They have government agents at airports demanding our passwords then rummaging through our personal content on...
I think that what Sony and friends have failed to notice is that Apple succeeded because they were the first to implement well, not because they were the first past the post. If this does become a truly open standard for DRM and content delivery, then Apple would be able to adopt it and still beat the competition with their ability to offer an easy and quality experience on devices people want to own. This could be good for Apple as it would teach the media providers...
So, for people like me, waiting to buy our first Macs, should we wait or buy? On the one hand, the current macbooks are presumably tried and trusted models with the major kinks ironed out. On the other hand, the new models will have some nice new features, even if it's just aluminum. When the current macbook generation was first released, were there problems? ( BTW - I'm a future switcher, with a Vista machine that I have hate, hate, hated for a year. Take me...