or Connect

Posts by kellya74u

On vacation with MBP, AT&T iPhone5, & Verizon iPad. I chose Verizon to be sure I had coverage if AT&T didn't, which often was Edge service only in some areas until last fall. I never use/trust public wifi, & use the iPad both directly & as a hub for the MBP. Purchased 6gigs for $50 on Wed; transaction shows pending. My credit card was charged $.01 test charge, but not full transaction. IPad shows 6144 data balance "pending transaction," with no data still as of Friday...
So, if I've gone through my 'faces' part of the iPhoto program & labeled each photo with the person's (family member's) correct name, & the photos are currently stored on my computer, the new system will migrate all of my identified photos to the cloud? Seems like in would have already done the facial recognition work. Will my photos be rejected because I failed to include or stripped off geotags as well?
The last time I saw Apple products on sale at Costco, were Mac Minis for $100-150 off. Sounded like a good deal, until I realized it was 2 pallets of PPC minis, just after Apple changed to intel processors. That bothered me because I was watching elderly couples looking at them, & based on their discussion, hadn't a clue what they were considering. If I understand correctly, the phones & iPads Costco is offering for sale at a discount, are not 64 bit, don't have the...
As I recall from the presentation at WWDC, the iPhone Heath apps would capture your data & send it to your health care provider, who would then call you to warn of any dangerous conditions or schedule you for a visit. Does that info also or then go to your insurance carrier who says, 'holy crap, this person is suddenly a high risk for expensive surgeries & on-goining medical care...quick, raise his rates.' In other news, the xxxx medical database was hacked & all id's &...
I adopted a good idea from someone else, for use at airports, but it applies to Starbucks. Bring with you a 6-8  plug power strip. That way, if you are one of the lucky ones to actually get an outlet, you can share it, as opposed to, 'I've got mine, too bad, so sad, sucks to be you (without one).' The power strip fits at the bottom of my computer bag & allows me to charge my iPhone ,iPad & laptop for 20 mins, while offering power to others. The only down side  might be, if...
I understand the 'service' Starbucks is trying to provide, but I believe its misguided based on past practice. Many of us in the business community use to go to Starbucks on a break, 3-4 together, to have a coffee & decompress for a few minutes. However, due to all the outlets, many, mostly students, were camped there for hours & hours, one or 2 people taking up an entire table for 4. No space available for even one person to sit to wolf down an oatmeal or sandwich,  so...
So, how many times were the OS beta versions vetted by the best minds in the developer, propellerheads & even open to the public to review the build before final release. It would seem:   A. They missed this. B. Its a new feature added in, but no explanation provided as to its usefulness. C. It was undetected in testing by not evaluating the interaction of the iTunes release with the OS release.   Was iTunes released as a beta for testing as well? If so, as a...
I have friends who love their Samsung phones. When I ask what they like about it, the point out a whole host of features that, based on info from these trials, are mostly Apple invented, stolen technology features of the iPhone. Then they tell me they don't like the iPhone, often because they got a 'deal' on their more affordable phone. I usually try to remain classy & not make them feel badly or defensive about their choice. To me, making these other phones is just like...
It does present a bit of a conundrum, whether to now stay with the Apple ecosystem or migrate everything to Android & Windows….
Teens usually not allowed to have their iPhone out during class. As the Church Lady would say, "how conveeeeeenient," to have a digital device on your wrist while taking a test. Maybe, you can also bump watches to exchange contact info, fun stuff!