or Connect

Posts by kellya74u

For me, Mobile Me 'just worked.' Uploaded pics to my Gallery. Able to share them with all publicly or by invite, including persons using Windows computers. Instructions appeared simple & concise for PHOTO SHARING. With current iCloud Photo Sharing, it appears that photos can ONLY be shared with Apple devices using up-to-date software (makes sense), but not with users of PC's or other devices (non-sense). So, my experience with iCloud is, if I share pics of a family event...
Last week, I tried iCloud Photo Sharing of two large family events with those involved. I immediately began getting emails saying that upon the receipt of the email invite, they clicked subscribe & couldn't get it to work. I added my email to the list of invites & read it on a PC laptop. I learned that to subscribe to the iCloud Photo Stream & see the pictures, one had to own an IOS device with IOS 6 or higher, or a Mac running 10.8.2 or higher, plus a late version of...
In looking at the Apple Campus that is under construction (http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/06/19/video-shows-high-quality-3d-render-of-apples-spaceship-campus-2), solar panels are planned to cover the roof & all remote parking garages. However, green space is the theme, consisting of trees, shrubs, grasses, flowers etc., is what the employees, & perhaps neighbors, will see. I don't know if its 1300 acres of trees, but for the most part, solar panels will be...
'I'm smart. I don't use it. Therefore, others (smart people) don't use it.'   I'm not that smart. I use my home/ID  button probably 100 times a day, mostly to return to the home screen.   I did check out the Typo video for the iPad. I may get one of these...the keyboard I mean! http://vimeo.com/typo/review/117312020/6df5223798
I'm wondering if "Street-Level Flyover" via drones is in the works, to photograph those hard to get areas, better 3D compilations of buildings, & photograph that which would be otherwise impossible without trespassing on private property.   [On a side note: Based on recommendations in this forum, I deleted flash from my MBPro. In the above article, there is a place which says that I am missing the the flash plug-in, so I don't know what I am missing. A little surprised...
I have asked many retail cashiers if I can use Apple Pay, & the response I get is, "I don't know what it is" or, " I haven't even heard of it." It would be nice to hand them a business card sized info sheet explaining it, or better yet, to the head cashier/store manager. Apple could assist its Apple Pay users to get the word out by having a PDF download for business cards so that users can print out these info sheets/cards to stick in your wallet or purse.  It would have a...
My uneducated, cynical guess on Windows 10: 1. More like a web Os. Many references to cloud drive computing. While the talk about the ability to save web pages for offline viewing, will you be able to work & save documents on your device when offline, like when you are traveling & don't want to use public or hotel wifi? 2. The 'legacy' apps will no longer work. This will force you to purchase the subscription models of all of their products, which is where $ can be made...
In the last 5 days at check out registers, I've asked the cashiers if they take ApplePay. Many don't even know what it is. I suggested they ask their manager when they are getting it. Finally, used it first time at Sprouts market.
Sony execs didn't seem to think highly of Agelina Jolie's personal character or conduct. Yet, her movie "Unbroken" seems to be a more positive & substantive product than their(Sony's) 'art' of a movie,"The Interview." Both have created controversy; Unbroken, offending some Japanese, The Interview, the North Koreans. The Japanese have handled it with class; N. Korea, not. Ironically, Jolie's end product seems to have character, about a person with character. Considering the...
I am interested to see how Apple will respond to another niche area, high-quality music playback like that being developed by the "Pono" effort (http://ponomusic.force.com). It will playback at 192k or FLAC formats. If you watch the Pono video, there are apparently audible differences in the nuances of music that make all the difference in the world. An Apple device would not only need the large capacity of the Classic, but the ability play back at the higher data rate....