or Connect

Posts by Aqua OS X

They're getting sued for how it is being used, not for it's physical presence.
I would imagine that proximity sensor is either the capacitive screen itself, or some sort of capacitive layer in the plastic of the ear piece. This approach has been around for a while. For example, check out this conceptual product that was announced last year. http://www.synaptics.com/onyx/ Synaptics was rambling about the same idea (although I don't think it's noted in the press release). Put the phone to your ear, and the touch sensor kills the keypad. It's not...
Those links were more proof of concept then anything else. Yet, the SplashPad seemingly has the same release date as the Optimus Keyboard or Duke Nukem Forever. That said, the newly announced WildCharger supplies 90w and should go on sale this summer. The things are butt ugly, but could be built into desktops and or given some love by a good industrial design team. If Apple decides to opt for induction charging, I'd prefer they design a solution that isn't just another...
IMHO if Apple is going to opt for an induction charger, I'd like them to do us a favor and develop an induction charger that is not devise specific. If it's molded to dock with an iPod / iPhone, and nothing else, then they're defeating the whole point of an induction charger. Ideally, you should be able to buy an induction pad that you could place your camera, phone, iPod, vibrator, or whatever on. For...
Most consumers may not care about Vista; nevertheless, aside from enthusiasts and pros, most Mac users tended not to care about Mac OS X and or it's various major updates. Most consumers adopt a new OS when they're forced to. Be it a bundle with a new computer, or a system requirement for a software package. After being lured in they may start to value the new OS, but I would argue that both Microsoft and Apple dish out the majority of their licenses to people who are...
So is this the reason why owners of later PowerBooks and iBooks don't have multipoint contextual menus as an option for their trackpads?
I don't understand this stupid ModBook thing. You need to lug around a keyboard in order for it to function like a decent tablet PC. Bleh.
I'll say this much, doing this in SanFrancisco isn't going to gain much attention. This happens all the time in this city. All in all, just another protest to slow / block traffic.
As an industrial designer I have a lot of respect for a company that apparently does solid ID research, designs products with tight tolerances, and properly networks its industrial designers, engineers and manufacturers in a way that doesn't ship the same (figurative) garbage the rest of the industry is shipping. That said, since Apple is staffed with talented industrials designers, you can be absolutely sure they have heard the term "cradle to cradle design," and...
Apple plans to place a giant Apple logo into orbit in order to block out the sun. It's a lot like that episode of the Simpsons where Maggie shot Mr. Burns.