or Connect

Posts by Aqua OS X

argg. PC 133 and that same old 133mhz system bus speed. I'm sick of if. I really really want to buy a new machine, but I don't want that crap in my box. Hell, my next machine might not even be a Mac. Shess. The motorola g4 is too damn old for pro machines, it does not support modern bus speeds, and lack off DDR is a joke. Hell, the PC industry has been using DDR for almost 2 years now. What is up with the MPC8540?...aka the G5. This thing seems to top out at 1ghz and...
Well, no one is actually using the term "gigawire" yet. However most of us feel that this is probably going to be what Apple calls IEEE 1394b. Here's an artical all about it... http://www.e-insite.net/electronicnews/index.asp?layout=article&articleId=CA91031 It looks sick. It will toast FireWire, IEEE 1394a, and go up to 100feet. Cool stuff.
stupid back button... sorry. double post [ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Aqua OS X ]

that was the 8540...not 8450. You are right though, apple is going to use the 85xx... you must've just read that too fast or something. The g5 should scale higer then the g4. But who knows what apple is actually going to slap together. They may get faster CPU and moto pay be posting stats for some other company that is using the 8540; Apple may be doing SMP again; G5's might be kind of expensive right now, lower clocked versions could be more reasonable. Who knows. But...
1) Here it is... the G5...ok: http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/s ps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC8540&nodeId=03M9430304504 67M98655 Rapid I/O, 333mhz ddr, Apple's book "e" design. 600mhz to 1ghz. Although Apple might get something faster. Moto tends to hold off on info for 3rd parties future products. 2) Here is the next gen I/O...
And as for the G5. The G5 chip is done. You can already buy hardware based on the g5 variations. Moto is shipping these things. Apple will probably use the MPC8540. It is a 32/64 bit processor with support for 333mhz DDR (the sh*t) and rapid I/O. Moto is currently listing the chip at 600mhz to 1ghz. Apple may get ahold of something faster though. Moto is holding out on a lot of CPU deatils because of Apple...more will probably get posted after apple ships the G5 tower....
Well, lets look at the facts ..ok. 1) Qunata has has be contracted by Apple to make a non-portable LCD based device of some sort. Chinese papers are reporting that quanta is in probably producing LCD iMacs. 2) Apple is clearing the channel of current iMacs (as well as iBooks). 3) Apple has placed orders for additional 15in LCDs. I highly doubt Apple will not ship an LCD iMac... or at least some sort of new LCD device.
Hummm, ya sure. Use tinker tool to view invisible files. Trash your window and desktop related prefs.
Shess. Apple's pro hardware is soooo damn stale right now. Seriously, PC 133? 133mhz FSB? Come on...the rest of the industry moved on a long time ago. Apple NEEDS a major motherboard revision and a CPU upgrade very very soon. Time ran out 8 months ago. I'm failry sure Moto has begun to start pumping out CPUs for apple. Hell they have already started dumping "g5" stuff into phat routers and whatnot. The technology is ready. Moreover, hyper transport is ready as well. AMD...