or Connect

Posts by mac_dog

i think it would be better if just the word 'hurt' was printed on the bag.
i have had a love-hate relationship with adobe throughout the years. but realistically though, they won't be going away soon. if adobe would just put their d*cks back in their pants admit they've been resting on their laurels and say to apple, 'hey guys, we want to be at the forefront in software innovation and we'd like your help in getting us there because you guys are writing the book on forward thinking...' they could be a kick-ass company. probably won't...
oops.
currently, when i import text from photoshop files to flash, either as editable text or vectors or even bitmaps, flash screws with the formatting. and the existing type options simply don't work. i downloaded their 'text layout' extension (beta) from adobe labs and, almost immediately, stopped using it. it was ridiculously counter-intuitive (even for a beta). i'm stumped. for the life of me, i can't figure out why they can't port the type engine/interface from photoshop...
easy solution: install on 2 machines. deactivate one when you're not using the other one. if this is really that difficult, buy 2 copies. it's still probably cheaper with the student discount.
not true. just take the student with you when you go to the bookstore. they just need their student i.d. i suppose it wouldn't hurt to bring their class schedule, but that's really all there is to it. hell, i know a woman who is an employee of the u.c. system (the hospital) and she even gets discounts in the u.c. bookstore. don't think it's that difficult. bottom line: how much is it worth to you to get the software at a decent price.
just find a student and ask them to use their i.d. and get the entire bundle for around $500 from their school bookstore. i did this years ago when i was in school. of course, now i have to pay around $500+ for the design suite upgrade, but it's still better than paying over a grand for it.
putting lipstick on a pig. sadly (and not unlike microsoft), at&t is only interested in their image and profits—how cheaply can they get services to a customer for the most amount of money. here's a concept: fix your infrastructure. become an innovator and not just a company that is perfectly content to sit on its laurels. it's too bad steve jobs couldn't take the helm of at&t for a few years and seriously kick some ass.
wow. really? either you're lazy or you have some lazy-ass kids—or, gee, maybe they're simply too young to be dealing with the technology. seriously. if it's this difficult to control your kids, do us all a favor and think twice about having them.
i agree. what a bunch of crybabies. this sounds like the old 'copy/paste' whine. imagine if apple put out copy/paste feature before they perfected it for their hard/software. the trolls would be all over the shit. if the ipad isn't your ideal piece of technology right now, don't buy it and stop whining. i think it's an amazing piece of technology. and, yes, because it's by apple. it probably runs beautifully so users can spend more time doing what was intended, rather than...