or Connect

Posts by saarek

Fair as in level playing field. Company A who sells the same type of product at a similar turnover as Company B should not be hit with 25% tax vs 0.1% tax (numbers purely pulled out of the air).Apple, Starbucks and everyone else should pay the same levels of tax as the other companies within each country.Lets face it, Apple is hardly a struggling little company that can't afford to pay tax.
And rightly so, they should pay a fair amount of tax. Having said that governments need to remove the loop holes that allow this type of legal tax dodging in the first place.
They should be able to buy Nokia soon, bring their executive back after his successful mission and make excellent phones. All in all, well played Microsoft well played.
  And what is a HDD and SSD if they are not hardware? lol
You could put one in your iMac. But Apple will not sell you one. You could buy a SSD Drive online (ensure it is compatible) then ask an authorised reseller to install it along with your existing HDD. You can then create your own fusion drive via a well documented and seemingly easy terminal hack.
  The fusion drive is hardware and the software required for it is Mountain Lion 10.8.2. No reason whatsoever that the fusion drive would not work in an older Mac.    As to the previous poster, no way will Apple sell you just the drive. No sir, you need to purchase a new Mac, can't have one upgrading their old machine when you could buy a new one!
It should be noted that most judgements seem to have gone against Apple across the globe. I don't personally agree with the decision in this case, but most courts do.
As far as I am aware the UK is Apple's most profitable market outside of the US.
Awwww, but they love you long time!
Jon is an absolute legend. I am sure he will sort out the mess of different ideas strewn across iOS and Mac OS X. Goodbye inconsistency!