or Connect

Posts by UltimateKylie

The problem with a lot of these arguments and the 30% is that Apple and defenders of this policy have previously argued that Apple is bringing the business to these apps.  And yes a lot of these apps were nothing until Apple made the App Store and they were created and became something.   The problem is taking that to established players like Microsoft Office.  What happens when a user who has been thinking about getting an iPad, finally jumps in because he hears...
  That goes on the assumption that Android and Samsung have done no innovations.  They have even to the fact that Apple was inspired by some of it (notifications).   I'm sorry, I don't use Android but I agree with Samsung here.  Let us compete.  That will bring innovation.  The fact is that the iPhone wouldn't be possibly without Samsung parts inside.  Sure some of it is standards based.  But only standards based because the EU in a huge party pushed GSM as a EU wide...
  You are missing the whole point.  From the leaks about prototypes, one of the prototypes look very much like the Lumia 800/900.  So on any exterior design point, Apple did consider using such design before Nokia had made it public.  Proves the limited design capabilities when you are working around a touch screen.
  LOL.  They would get more money for banning Samsung than taking license fees.  As one iPhone sale would give them more money then one Samsung devices that is licensed.  Mostly due to the fact that a very small part of Android is patented by Apple.  And don't get me started on the overly broad design patent.  I don't think you could make a modern tablet that wouldn't infringe, minus the fact there is prior art.   And how exactly are they suppose to innovate?  It is...
This article fails on several fronts.   1)  If Ive claims it is not about the money, they why is there a lawsuit.  They should be happy that they are pushing good technology and design forward, if they have been copied.   2) The article claims that no one, or more focused Samsung had all 'slate' devices before the iPhone.  Regardless of the truth of this statement, which I will focus on in point 3, what was Samsung of anyone else suppose to do?  Just keeping...
Most of the European Union has 2 year warranty by law.  So no you just can't leave Italy and go to say France or Austria and get a 1 year warranty.  And why would anyone purposely buy a device with less warranty?  In Norway there are no stipulations on the warranty, it is 2 years by law.  I know because I bought a Nokia phone a few years back in Norway, all I had to do was ship it back but it was covered with no question asked in 2nd year of ownership.
How is not unfair.  Sure you could argue that Apple invented the use of Aluminum Unibodys.  So lets ignore that.  They are still harming competition when it comes to chips and flash memory etc...  They get better prices than everyone else.  And your predictable answer is for people to innovate.   And when Microsoft does actually innovate with the Surface... it uses another metal that is in larger supply and uses a brand new vapor deposite method that creates a durable...
Except DVDs can be used to alot more than just Movies on a computer.  Alot of software came on DVDs until downloads became more popular.  In fact Windows Vista was on a DVD, so the only way to reinstall was having a DVD drive.  Microsoft would have correctly argued the DVD drive was for software.   And that it was up to the consumer to check if DVD Video Playback was available.  For your FYE, DVDs will not play back on Windows 8, most people just don't use DVDs that way...
  Yes we have.  http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/microsoft-surface-tablet-1085839/review#articleContent  Windows 8 has always supported portrait and requires a toggle switch to lock on all tablet hardware.  I don't expect Apple fanboys to follow this, but it is an easy Google/Bing.  But check the link above for a picture.   Yes, my reason are terrible.  My touchpad which is the same res as the original iPad has been used in portrait what like 10 times.  I...
Wow, you guys are something else.  Complaining about keyboard colours when you can easily get black to match the device or white/grey.   We will find out soon enough if it works on laps, but it does appear it does.  The anti fanbois were screaming about no profile mode, when of course anyone folllowing W8 knew it existed and this review shows it.  Its obvious from the pictures (not seen anywhere else) that they have had extra time with the tablet.   The Verge, which was...