or Connect

Posts by mikeske

My wife had to go to the mall yesterday, so I tagged along and took my MacBook Pro and did the the download and after the download I stopped and stopped at Walmart and got a 8 Gb thumb drive and made a bootable copy of the install. Now all four of our computers are now on Lion.
I have a couple issues with the whole thing of being charged a rural tax for this software. I really like my computers as they are the most reliable and best machines my wife and I have owned but we live in a rural area and the fact of the matter we DO NOT have broadband and are on a satellite internet connection and we are restricted to a set amount of limited broadband we are allowed to download without bumping into the providers fair access policy. The other night...
I wanted to see the Track Pad in action and try it out first at the Apple store as I try to keep it sane and try out a new device first before I put out the dollars. My first impression is it is nice but not what I would spend $69.00 for. The tracking action on the screen was smooth but the swipe action leaves a lot to desire. In fact I like the Magic Mouse that I have much better for the 2 finger swipe. I do have 2 wireless mouses for the reason that there are...
I drove over to the local AT&T store this morning at 11:00 A.M. and they were sold out. Since I was going to the neighboring town that had a store, I asked if they had any before I left the first store. The customer service rep called over there and that store had enough for them to reserve me one. I drove over there and they had me in and out with a 32GB iPhone in about a hour. The only issue is I am still waiting for my new iPhone to fully charge as the new phone...
I find that the fact that Verizon supposedly has better coverage a lie. I live in area that Verizon shows having 3G coverage and when I was tried out Verizon I could not make a call from my home. I actually live on top of hill and we did not have any coverage. So my son buys me for Christmas 2008 a 16G iPhone and I have solid and strong AT&T coverage where we are at. I was somewhat surprised how well the phone works here. They I found out why, my home is 1/2 mile...
I was wondering how long it would take for Circuit City to go down. I was really upset when they let go senior employees and hired new employees as it smacked of being unfair. I am sad to see another competitor going down but I have recently seen something that makes me proud is the fact that the local independent merchant are making a come back. In a local mall near me a new independent Apple approved reseller opened and it is a local name and it was the stores first...
Oh, the misadventures of buying from WalMart. Today the wife and I went to WalMaart and we were shopping when I decided that I wanted to get a iPhone. I went to the counter and said I wanted the 16G phone. I talked to the guy there and we started up the process of getting the phone. It seems that WalMart had set up a non standard procedure of selling the phone and it was not standard to way they usually sell phones. The computer would not allow it to happen, what a...
What I like to see is for the new iMac to move the USB to the side under the superdrive. It would make a lot more sense to have the ports more accessible then the current model. I have the current model and it is a small annoyance as I ended up finally just getting a powered USB hub with 4 connections. I tried to eliminate clutter and wires and still have that one extra ugly thing with wires on on my desktop. That was the reason I went wireless on the keyboard and...
Get rid of the black border around the screen and make it aluminum right to the edge of the screen and make the mouse aluminum color and you got a winner in my eyes.
Seems that the troll has issues with Apple, He just can not stand to see a competitor succeed as well as Apple has against microdoze. I sure hopes that Snow Leopard is as good as it sounds right now, I would be more then willing to upgrade in March or April to it.