or Connect

Posts by mikeske

Apple fixed the Airport issue on my iMac. For the first time ever I do not lose the signal from my router. I unplugged the ethernet cable and Airport found and locked on the router 4 feet away and no fade out all day from Airport. Good job Apple. My install this morning went nice and smooth and no issues. It took a hour on the satellite internet to do.
I have a issue with my left ear that I cannot use a in-ear headphone, I had a tube implanted in my ear similar to the tubes that implanted in children. For this reason anything blocking the airflow into and out of the ear is out of the question for me. I have been stuck using the old fashion headphones and battery life on the iPod really falls down using these as they have to power a larger speaker. I wish that Apple would go the other way for us that have to...
What bugs me is the fact that I cannot use in ear headphones and head sets that are decent quality for listening are $200-300.00. What ever happened to decent external headsets that are cheaper that would actually work on the iPod? I have a tube in my left eardrum and cannot have anything that totally blocks airflow into the ear channel, So I put one ear bud in but the other has to remain outside the ear. this is a total waste for me and it seems that Apple could, or...
I refused the printer as I already have three printers and did need another one. I get a military discount from the Apple store (I am retired Air Force and they give a discount on both the iMac and the MacBook) but the ad never reflected a military or student discount just a hundred dollars off on the machine.
What do you mean move along, isn't that the steaming pile of Microsoft worth looking at... I think I'll take a pass on anything MS puts out, I can just hear the headlines 6 weeks after the phone is introduced that a one thousand phone have a virus
It was a up day for stocks all around and the news that Apple is expected to get more sales from the new MacBooks is not surprising given the fact I even helped Apple by buying a MacBook on Friday. Now I have to go back to the Apple store and see if they will price match the $100.00 sale that Best Buy is having.....
I tried out a multi touch HP the other day at a office box store and I found it rather different but I would not spend the dollars as it would not work in my office. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can get away from sitting to close to the screen and type with the keyboard in my lap. I think that Steve Jobs was right in the fact that multi touch is a interesting device for small things like the iPod and iPhone but it will not be the next great thing for a...
My wife will not use a windows machine. I just replaced her iBook Dual USB today with a new MacBook. She just could not get the hang of my work laptop (Dell PC) when she borrows it and all she did was complain. She just has a much easier time using the MacBook, I just gave in and bought her a new MacBook for her birthday. She fell in love with my personal iMac that a Mac is all she considers. For domestic peace she got her own new Mac.
When I was shopping for a replacement computer in August after having a XP eMachine, I was underwhelmed by the poor performance of the Vista machines I have looked at. I tried several of these machines and I mean I was NOT looking at $500.00 machines but raised my bar to the $1,000-1,500 machines and I was flat out annoyed by the constant badgering the program was doing. I mean how many times does it have to ask me if I REALLY want to download a simple file from my...
What are talking about? The impact resistance of CF is much greater then on other materials. I know as I have worked on CF for the last 25 years and the in fact I am currently employed at Boeing. I have worked with CF from the C-141 to the F15, F16, 747, 767, 777, 737 and some on the 787. The main reason one is not to touch a unfinished (not painted) CF surface is the oils in your hand will cause fisheye in the finish (painted surface) I have seen engineers from...