or Connect

Posts by MJ Web

Going to see this week. This movie and the book on which its based are but two bricks in the wall of SJ's legend. Many years from now the entire mosaic will inform how history judges the man.
Bingo! That's what I did. Thanks.
All my POP accounts in Mail could receive but not send. Nor were any POP account send settings transferred from 10.10 to 10.11 in the upgrade. I therefore had to create new POP accounts. The bug effected both my iMac 5K and MB Air identically.
OSX 10.11 wasn't a very polished release IMO. It hosed all my POP mail settings and the graphics are rough around the edges on my iMac 5K as compared to OS X 10.10. Hope they fix.
Steve was controversial while he was alive. Why should it be any different now that he's dead?
Steve liked being a public figure. You can't put the genie back in the bottle and rewrite history. Woz says it's an accurate depiction whereas Laurene balks. The ultimate arbiter is the film's audience.
Isaacson's book wasn't structured that way but adapting a book to a screenplay requires dramatic licence. That's my assumption. http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/steve-jobs-movie/
My understanding is the core source of the script was the book. Bare in mind it's been Sorkin-ized. 
Being quite familiar with SJ's appearance, I'm really going to have to suspend my disbelief to buy Michael Fassbender as Steve. To my eye there is zero resemblance. That said, I like Isaacson's book (didn't love it) and am curious to see this on the big screen.
I agree but am afraid the Genie is out of the bottle.