or Connect

Posts by MJ Web

I wish Apple well. But can hardly do my 50 GB music library justice as it is. Of course I'll give Music a 3 month spin. But the only way I'd consider subscribing is if the individual rate was the same as the family rate, $2.50 a month per subscriber. Since Apple covets a mass audience they'll probably figure out this math pretty fast. I expect Music will be $2.50 for everyone in the next year or so.
I still don't get how Apple is going to make a cent on the Beats deal? Nor am I impressed by Iovine's spiel at WWDC. He is certainly no spokesman!
"Apple has billions of dollars available to pay artists substitute royalties during users' free streaming trail, but were it to do so, the company would quickly find itself at the wrong end of global antitrust complaints. In many markets, "dumping" free or loss leader products would be considered anti-competitive." So which is it?
1080p has been obsolete since 2014. If Apple wasn't exploring 4K/5K in 2013 it would've been a major blunder and very un-Apple-like. Apple can't afford to upgrade Apple TV without the ability to stream 4K. 4K is here, period!
My Samsung streams 4K from Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc. It employs an intuitive laser point and click/voice command interface featuring an interactive guide. Apple TV hasn't changed its interface in years. In tech terms thats the "soviet era" metaphorically speaking. Why do you think I bothered to put that in quotes in the first place? Standard Def HD is dead! If some people on AI don't grasp this I can assure you Apple does. I'm not touting Samsung's hardware and...
I relegated my old Apple TV to a 2007 LED TV. Both feel like "soviet era" products by today's standards. I'm no fan of Samsung, but my 2015 4K panel features state of the art hardware, software, and an extremely slick point and click laser UI. At a minimum an updated Apple TV will have to stream 4K. I assume it can with a A8. The interface and software will require modernization as well. I expect that's what a new Apple TV looks like on paper. As for TV streaming...
If my hunch is correct, iPhone 6 plus users will be the Watch's biggest target audience followed by road warriors and fitness buffs. IMO the more germane figure is what % of iPhone customers have iP 6 pluses?
Duh! 2008-ish Apple likely considered -- and rejected --a full blown TV bc it was obvious they could never make their profit margin. Why Munster couldn't grasp this is a mystery? I predict AAPL will make plenty of $ skinny streaming once it connects its new package, TV/OS, and STB dots.
To support its secret Mobileye collaboration as well as others, no doubt .
Most unflattering unboxing! From the cheap plastic box, to the loose unsecured Watch rattling unmounted in the box, to cheap looking Milanese band shriveling like a magnetic pretzel, it looks like Apple shockingly failed to package this model up to its own high standards. I've seen watches by Swatch, Fossil, and Eddy Bauer with far more impressive product and package design that sell for $150-200. I knew I wasn't impressed by the design of the v1 Watch but am shocked by...