or Connect

Posts by MJ Web

@ Dick Applebaum > So back to that Marty Scorcese iPad spot, can't he afford a car and driver with all his cabbage at this stage in his life? And after his rendezvous suppose he can't find a taxi in rush hour and gets mugged by a wino who steals his iPhone? Maybe Marty could make it back to his Soho film complex and use "Find My iPhone" on his MB Air to locate the mugger and recover his precious iPhone... At least Steve had a sense of humor which is more than can be said...
Yes, produced Apple commercials for Jay Chiat. 
SJ would've canned any ad agency that cast Marty Scorcese and John Malkovitch in those unbelievably sappy vignettes... Awful! Even worse are the iPad hero spots with banal copy like "there's never been a display that display text so sharp" platitudes. At least these new Genius spots have something to do with a product, a fact lost the creators of the other campaigns I mentioned.
Innovation in Silicon Valley has been reduced to gazing at SJ's corpse in the rear view mirror. 
LOL
Double that sentiment. I've been in AAPL since 2008 and Gene Munster is usually right on the money. 
A horse by committee turns into a camel. You can't get ahead looking in the rearview mirror. 
If the Surface isn't vaporware, which I suspect it is, it will be plagued by a fatal flaw from its inception -- Windows 8. An OS predicated on a GUI that looks like DOS bitmap boxes is so fugly it'll never sell... Call me a whacko but I predict Windows 8 will be stillborn -- dead at birth! 
Steve Bummer can talk? 
MSFT will be $25 long before it hits $35, if ever. I shorted it with a Feb 2013 expiration.