or Connect

Posts by MJ Web

In modern Finnish, noki means soot and nokia is its inflected plural, although this form of the word is rarely if ever used. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia Are you referring to a town name after soot?
Some people liked it.
NOKIA: It's my ball and the game is over! APPLE: It's my playing field. Screw you and your ball!
I upgrade iWorks every other year unless there's a killer feature I can't live without. I'll skip from iW 08 to iW 11 since the rumor is there will be no iW 10.
My man Gene Munster! Some may mock him but GM is seldom wrong. I dare say $277 is a bit conservative when you take the rumored tablet and new subscription model into account.
My next Apple purchase will most likely be a 27" iMac i7 "after" the Q2 update/refresh. My 3-year old battle-ax MBP C2D 2,2 has more than enough horsepower for the road and (hopefully) plenty of life left in it. A iMac i7 will clearly outperform a MBP i7. Coupled with my Dell 2407 monitor -- and my untethered MBP -- I'll have a 2 monitor desktop and a wireless laptop HO.
AMD's CPUs can't compete with Intel's on a price/performance basis, today. But prior to Core2Duo, Athlon wiped the floor with Pentium forcing Intel to compete using price incentives. The FTC is lodging this case 6 years too late IMHO and that negates the case's validity. On another note I expect Intel will buy nVidia in 2010.
Think Boot Camp for Windows. I personally didn't buy a Mac until it could run Windows. Why wouldn't MS want users to run OS X on a Dell if it can stunt AAPL's market share? I don't claim to know who is behind Psystar. That's why I posed the question.