or Connect

Posts by KDarling

If it helps any, I believe that CIRP found the opposite of what you're using.   http://www.businessinsider.com/verizon-customer-retention-rates-2013-6   says that 75% of Verizon iPhones were bought from Verizon stores, whereas 63% of iPhones used on AT&T were bought from AT&T stores.   Regards.
Figure the odds on the thread title ever getting changed, to reflect the fact that it was not caused by "cheap" memory.   That's the trouble with the internet.  Bad info tends to stick around and get repeated forever, even though it should be so much easier to correct over print media.
  Yes sir.  The Toshiba G900's display had ~311 PPI.   That's more than the 300 PPI necessary for "retina" at a foot away.   Of course, anything over 300 PPI is normally called "print quality" for the same reason.... it's more than the average eye can discern at 12".  And sure enough, one of the Toshiba's ads proudly said it was "the first smartphone with a print quality display."    The second smartphone like that was the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, which had the same kind...
Hmm.  Some of you who brought up HTC having too many models, have a point.  Not with the number of models themselves, but with their different names.   I think that Samsung looked at what Apple was doing right, and one way was keeping a single name ("iPhone") for marketing and public awareness.   So Samsung made everything a "Galaxy" and advertised like crazy.  Now, I think even my 86 year old mother has heard of the name.   I think HTC kind of started on...
  What's your definition of "truly rich" ?      Vertu was owned by Nokia until recently and used Symbian.    Now that they're privately owned, they're switching their smartphones over to Android.   Their first Android model cost $10,000 and came with a polished titanium case and the largest sapphire crystal ever made for a touch phone display.   Of course, it also comes with single button access to 24/7 concierge service.  Slightly better than using Google or Siri.   Is...
  If it helps, I grabbed the real one the other day.  However, it would take up more vertical space in an article.     Hmm.  Off topic, but that bat shaped M always reminds me of the M in the hair of the Moto Rola-chan character in a manga comic series which uses smartphone characters:       The full set looks like this, and includes Professor Google on the right, and the Apple Man on the left:     More info and detailed individual pictures...
  You can get some hints, though, from analysts using various sources:   http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/07/24/apple-barely-grew-international-iphone-sales.aspx   As for your other numbers, remember that you cannot mix activations and new device sales.  It'll mess you up every time.  They're two different things.  Activations include used devices.   A rule of thumb that seems to work out pretty accurately, is to assume that for most quarters, 11% of Verizon and...
  Likewise, the overwhelming majority of iPhone sales are wherever it is carrier subsidized, or has incentives such as trade-in programs or loans.   In other words, where it is priced so that the masses can afford it.   It's all about upfront price, no matter whose phone it is.     The "truly rich" buy obscenely priced Vertu smartphones running Android.
I think part of is the HTC Sense overlay.   It's one of those things that you either love or hate.
  It's not about being "against Apple".  It's about the fact that the USPTO got overwhelmed, and was more concerned with quantity than quality.  Now the mess has to be cleaned up.   As for your question about pinch to zoom history, I posted a link above.  However, I see now that it's unlikely people will take the time to click it.  So I'll repeat the info here to make it easier for everyone:   Finger pinch zoom on computers dates from at least 1983.   It was featured in...